UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Swine Flu Vaccinations

Pingu

My close friend has been diagnosed with swine flu this morning. I have to go pick up her prescription. So now its a case of watch our baby boy like a hawk as he is vunerable to things like this (you may remeber he was in hosp at 2 weeks old really poorly)

Im not bothered about getting it myself, but i do worry about my children getting it

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my flu jab every year, and if they haul me in for a swine flu jab i will go along and have that too. If they dont, so be it. Im a firm beleiver that when my time is up its up, so if a bug is going to kill me off then fair enough :unsure:

They've changed that since I looked and posted. It definitely said earlier that he hadn't died of swine flu or I'd not have posted it on here. Looks as though the article was updated again an hour or so after I posted. Wish I'd taken a screen shot of it now.

It was on yesterday's This Morning programme that it had just been announced that he died from a blood clot.

I am petrified of this swine flu as I have COPD - my own fault for years of smoking and to be honest I will try and be first in the queue if the vaccine comes around.

I am worried that if I contract this virus I will die as my lungs wont cope with the underlying illness and Im scared stiff for the future of my animals and my family.

Yesterday we were told that a visiting baby to our office has swine flu and is on a ventilator in hospital - we all cuddled her 2 days before - she is only six months old and a further colleague has susptected swine flu - there are only 8 of us in our office. :unsure:

The doctor on This Morning skirted very nicely when asked if the health proffessionals would be the first to be offered the vaccine with them being on the front line when people are ill, he just kept saying the elderly and the vunrable should in his opinion be offered it first!!

Yes we will be first in line or else there will be no-one to look after anyone else or administer the vaccine to people.

I'm a vaccine administerer (?) and an anti-viral drug prescriber so need to be kept well to help run the pandemic flu emergency response for this area for example.

We've already been exposed anyway so it's all a bit daft.

at the moment I know of three friends who have swine flu?

but as a point of interest the following has been circulated round my work - maybe some folks might be interested?

A large internet-based survey is aiming to track the spread of influenza is recruiting healthy volunteers – about 2000 people have signed-up so far today. Similar studies have been running in Europe for some years. It will provide valuable data in real-time to inform government policy-making, including through real-time mathematical modelling that is being done at the Health Protection Agency and Imperial college London.

Please sign up (it’s very quick) and circulate this e-mail widely. The website is at www.flusurvey.org.uk.

For a report about the study see http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/society/health/site+to+monitor+swine+flu+spread/3276457

Modelling and Economics Unit, HPA

John Edmunds, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine