UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mrs B's Dogs Sick

Mags

As most of you know, Mrs B is currently in Galway. She has no internet.

She texted me this morning to say that both Tigger and Daisy have been sick 2/3 times this morning but otherwise seem fine in themselves. She is aware that there is a vet nearby but is hoping it's not necessary.

What she would like to know is does anyone know what very yellow vomit would be a sign of?

Hope they're ok :GroupHug:

Mine have sometimes brought up yellow bile type sick when they've been hungry - have they been fed differently because they're on hols? I had to feed M-M a little something late at night when she was younger to stop her being sick early the next morning and I've heard of other dogs needing the same, hope it's something simple like that.

Afaik Nige, that has all cleared up.

Thanks for the replies. I'm passing them on to Mrs B who says both dogs seem to be a lot brighter now and as the weather is totally awful, they won't be going far from the cottage today.

Will do Nige. Or I can do that myself when I see them on Friday :)

They came over on Saturday. Good point about the water, I'll pass that on.

Ange, Mrs B managed to find a great butcher so I don't think their food has changed at all

Ange, Mrs B managed to find a great butcher so I don't think their food has changed at all

Mags, I was thinking about timing of feeds as much as what they were being fed as hunger can produce the biley stuff :flowers: Was just hoping it was something simple like that and not a bug.

One of my retrievers started being sick at lunchtime, bringing up yellow bile. The vet said it was probaly due to too much acid in her stomach and to feed her something in the morning.

I started giving her a slice of dry toast or bread in the morning and it stopped.

I was told it can be due to an acidy tum - which would figure when you think of all the travelling and different water etc. If she can find a Holland and Barrett type shop, maybe see if she can get some tree bark powder (slippery elm) that would be suitable to give to dawgies.

Sandi

I texted her that Nige sent kisses. I forgot to mention that they were for the dogs. Mr B was getting a bit worried :laugh: I've now clarified the situation :)

Got a message earlier that dogs were fine again, they had had a walk along the beach and had some chicken wings with no ill effects.

On Mrs B's behalf, thank you all for your tips and concern :flowers: