UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poor Jem

heva

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with deep regret and great sadness that we have to announce the very sudden and unexpected death of Jem. He started to become ill in the earlier part of the evening last night, his breathing became heavy and he looked swollen around his rib cage and tummy. I rushed him to the emergency vets but unfortunately he lost his fight for life before he got there and he died in my arms in the car park at the vets. The vet said that he died due to a gastric torsion and that nobody could have done anything for him. All this happened in the space of less than an hour and we are all absolutely devastated that after trying so hard for him we lost him so quickly. We would like to thank everybody for all their help and support with Jem. Our only consolation at the moment is that at least he knew love and comfort towards the end. We are so sorry.

:GroupHug: It's the first time I've actually seen this thread & I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get the ending you'd been fighting for but I hope that you mean so sad rather than sorry as looking at the pictures & your posts I think he probably knew more love in those final days / hours than he had known for some time.

Even though his story reached a sad ending thankyou to all at RDR for trying. :flowers: RIP poor Jem :(

• 2 weeks later...

mecry.gif Oh Ally!! dont you ever be sorry, that beautiful special boy knew more love and devotion in a few days than many others do in a lifetime, you are an angel...his angel. Im just so heartbroke for you all, and that he didn't get to have longer in such a wonderful and loving home mecry.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

God bless you Jem..and the ones that helped you the way you deserved Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif