UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Caffery Has Been To The Vets And Its Not Good News..

Cafferysmum

:mecry:

Caffery is nearly aged 14 and is a collie x lab aka as the eternal puppy...

100_4493.jpg

This morning I awoke to hubby shouting me, their was blood on the carpet.. in the bedroom.. as I got up I notice blood all on the pine furniture soaked in and we went down stairs and checked all the dogs and their was blood and clots on the carpet and in the kitchen...

We checked the dogs and Caffery had blood around his mouth and nose... due to the amount and Im not one for running off to the vets at the slightest thing, we decided just to go and get him checked out... he dried up and it started again and again...

Anyway the vet checked him over and says he thinks its a tumour at the top of his nose and it keeps bleeding. we have also put him on metacam as he has osteoarthritis now but this eternal puppy we hope has a bit of time left with us...

We left the vet and Caffery for some reason doesnt do vets and growls, now hes a soppy dog, but take him to a surgery and he hates it, he seems to sense it, so we had to show the vet everything...

Due to Caffery been nearly 14 years of age, we have decided that no operation or poking around to see whats going on and that whatever time he has left with us maybe a week or a year, he will be spoilt rotten and when that time comes, Rosie Buttons and the cats will be waiting for the top dog to arrive...

At the moment we are still in shock and to calm things down after the vets, we went to local park with him and Badger and all of a sudden blood was gushing out of his mouth and nose so we were not far from the vets, so we rushed back, ironic thing is he is in no pain and the little bugger was enjoying himself in the park and we had to catch him to get him back to the vets...

By the time we got back to the vets, it had stopped and his lovely white fur was glowing red.. vet has said take him home and make him rest for rest of day and allow things to settle down, so we have and hes had his metacam and some best ham, and milk to wash the metacam down.. and is quiet now, hes had a bit of a trickle but nothing further...

He has told us the signs to watch out for in caseCaffery gets a lump on his face which would indicate its growing more or in case it bursts completely. Then we might have to make the heart breaking decision for him to go and join our other Bridge Babies..

We knew it would happen and we adopted Caffery from Manchester Dogs Home 14 years ago from a foster parent and he was in bad condition, he became a pub dog in Altrincham and the regulars loved him. We then moved to Warrington and he started the dog show rounds and even on Sunday he was at a dog show with me and he loved it... Of course he won most obedient dog award and loads of goodies, hes a stunning collie and we love him with all our heart..

But as with Rosie Buttons, we have always said that they will let us know when the time is right, and we will allow him to go with dignity..

Just in shock again that we have now had the third pet with cancer in just over a year.. but wouldnt swop all the memories we have and what we have to come..

Fingers crossed its a slow tumour and we have more prescious time together... please send him your good wishes and luck...

Karen and Caffery the Eternal Puppy nearly 14 years of age.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic