UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Thought Barney Was Broken!

K9Fran

Sitting down to eat lunch, watching the only working TV left in the house - a 12" which lives on the kitchen table, when a horrendous scream followed by loud wimpering comes from Barney in the back garden! :o

#2 son and I rush out there (while rest of the family sit and look at each other....) and he's standing at the top of the garden, near, but not in the prickly bush we had to get him out of in a rush yesterday when he made a similar noise....) Standing on 3 legs with his head down and cocked to one side..... I carefully felt his shouldar and neck, then worked my way down his elbow, forearm, wrist and foot - nothing! Encouraged him to walk and he's still reluctant to put his foot down, but the further he walked, the more happy he was to put weight on it. When I walked away, he happily trotted after me back into the house and OH thought I'd imagined it!

He is now lying quite happily, stretched out at the top of the stairs, oblivious to the fuss he caused........

Boy dogs are indeed big wusses. I shall tell Archie to budge up in the wuss corner to let Barney in.

Glad it was nowt to worry about.

I've never known such a wussie dog, my first dog was another Doodle and was unphased by most things, and since then I've always had bitches - but Barney now has a pink heart shaped ID tag, and a pink vet bed on order! Bless him, I wouldn't change a thing about him though.