UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dillon Is Very Poorly

cindere528

Dillon has been for his weekly check-up at the vet's.

His heart murmur is, in the vet's words "very worrying" :mecry:

He is still coughing a lot, but the vet says that the fluid has mostly gone from his lungs, so she's thinking he may have bronchitis, which is a different illness in dogs to bronchitis in humans. The vet has reduced one of his diuretics but has given him a broncho-dilator to try & open up his airways a bit.

He still has quality of life, enjoys his food a lot, and can still manage short, slow walks, so we haven't reached the end of the road yet. At least I've got a bit more time with my lovely lad :wub:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dillon has been for his weekly check-up at the vet's.

His heart murmur is, in the vet's words "very worrying" :mecry:

He is still coughing a lot, but the vet says that the fluid has mostly gone from his lungs, so she's thinking he may have bronchitis, which is a different illness in dogs to bronchitis in humans. The vet has reduced one of his diuretics but has given him a broncho-dilator to try & open up his airways a bit.

He still has quality of life, enjoys his food a lot, and can still manage short, slow walks, so we haven't reached the end of the road yet. At least I've got a bit more time with my lovely lad :wub:

I'm glad Dillon has quality of life, and hope he get stabalised with his medication soon. :flowers:

I think Dillon's cough is improving a bit :)

He doesn't seem to be coughing as much or for as long now.

It's less strain on his heart if his cough is better, so fingers crossed, he has turned the corner and can carry on for a while longer :D.