UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Ahem....introducing....

dirtychicken

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touching wood as I say this, but I just can't believe how well he's doing :wub:

He'll sleep straight through all night with none of the silly whinging or barking that Bran used to do at stupid o'clock :biggrin:

He's not peeing or pooing in the crate overnight and there are very few toiletting accidents during the day! :biggrin:

Fi had warned us that tiny dogs are much harder to housetrain as it's just so far for them to physically travel when they feel the need, but he's just brill! Actually, there've been no puddles in the house at all in the last 2 days and only 2 poos. Such a good little boy :wub:

A thousand apologies Prince Hugo - after chatting to your Foster Granny and having a quick look at the pics I completely forgot to add any comments to this thread.

Toastie (the sort of small, fluffy terrier I would not pick but who came to live with me 2.5 years ago) would rather like to meet you as he feels he might actually be able to tower over someone for once instead of being the one who is hidden among the Thugs' legs.

You have managed to pick the ideal Foster Mummy there - she will tend to your every need (and a few needs you did not know you had) and instruct Foster Granny to assume the duties while she is unavoidably kept from you (ie school).

Look forward to seeing you soon.

You have managed to pick the ideal Foster Mummy there - she will tend to your every need (and a few needs you did not know you had) and instruct Foster Granny to assume the duties while she is unavoidably kept from you (ie school).

"Foster Granny"??? :ohmy: I'm just about coping with "Nanny" :angry: And you have forgotten, once again, that Soph doesn't do school, haven't you?? :laugh: Toastie would most definitely tower over him! I don't think the pics really show just how dinky he is!

Soph is slowly but surely taking on more and more responsibility for the little man and actually asked if she could deal with housetraining accidents!

We've been up in Cheshire for a few days and has wrapped everybody that he has met right around his little paw :rolleyes: I'm quite glad that he's with Sophie as I should imagine that most people would have spoiled him rotten as he would quite like to be carried everywhere and be cuddled constantly. Whilst Soph is definitely indulging him, she is also reminding him on a regular basis that he is actually a dog and that his legs do work and that he does only eat dog food and not people food :laugh: She's also managed to stop him from doing the nasty biting fingers thing :partytime:

Just in case anybody missed it, Prince Hugo now has his own blog: Blog Of A Prince At the moment, there is just an introductory post with an explanation of what's wrong with him and why he's here, but Sophie and Hugo will be adding more to it very shortly :biggrin:

Nige - we *will* catch up at some point this year :flowers:

I am so very proud of her :wub: There have been a lot of tears today as she has been Hugo's favourite person since he arrived here and she was already devastated at his news :( She is such an angel :wub:

She is indeed :wub: :wub:

HRH Hugo is adorable :wub: :wub:

No idea how I missed this. Sorry Hugo's prognosis is so poor, it seems he's certainly making his presence felt! :laugh: Sophie really is a credit to you and you should rightly feel very proud of her, I shall look forward to reading the blog.

No idea how I missed this. Sorry Hugo's prognosis is so poor, it seems he's certainly making his presence felt! :laugh: Sophie really is a credit to you and you should rightly feel very proud of her, I shall look forward to reading the blog.

ditto..OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!how absolutely gawguss :wub: :wub: heres to many a happy and healthy years with the lovely lad :wub:

We've just had some really rubbish news :mecry:

It would appear that Prince Hugo being here - alive - is something of a miracle as he is a genetic disaster zone :( Each of the heart defects that he has aren't uncommon in themselves, but to have all 4 of them together is incredibly unusual. As his heart is enlarged and his circulation is poor, he has this tendency to get very cold and his gums to be pale. He also has only one testicle, overly long toes, an unusually protruding bottom :blink: and a suspected weak immune system.

Because his heart is so enlarged, his other organs are being squished :( and because so many of his problems are congenital it's impossible to predict what else might be going on in his poor little body, so we've been put on red alert for the signs of almost anything really :err:

The good news is that the cough that got me to the vets today is probably *just* KC and so he's been given some ABs (special ones for ickle puppies, Dee :flowers: ). Oh and he has put on some weight - all 0.02kg of it :wub:

And the other good news is that despite behaving fairly lethargically all day, the little tyke still managed to dredge up enough energy to shout a tirade of abuse at a rather large great dane and her puppy whilst in the waiting room :devil:

Edited by dirtychicken