UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Am Looking For Long (and Cheap!) Shower Attachment For Kitchen Taps

ReikiAnge

Hello,

I want to find a cheap shower attachment that would run off a kitchen tap, so that I could stick it through the kitchen window and wash the dogs down outside on the patio - namely Sno when he's rolled in fox pooh. I don't want to use cold water or a hose pipe, so it needs to be something that I can attach to an internal hot water supply.

When we've lived in places without a proper shower, we've bought cheapy white plastic/rubber shower attachments that stick onto the bathroom taps and provide a shower head, that's what I'm looking for, but it would have to be longer than those as it would need to reach up through the window and then down to near the ground outside and I don't know if they make anything like that :unsure:

0608513.jpg

This is the sort of thing I'm after, in case my above post makes no sense, but in the UK, cheap and long. I've got a feeling we have probably bought them from somewhere like Woolworths in the past, which is no help now, and I haven't even found a normal length one from googling.

Any ideas? :flowers:

I did wonder about using a bit of hosepipe to make one longer, thanks for that :flowers:

Don't suppose you know where in the UK I could get a standard shower attachment from? The photo is from one in the US as I haven't found anything in the UK yet. I might be googling the wrong term.

Thanks ladies :flowers: Wendy, that kind of thing but we've got a mixer tap in the kitchen so I don't know if they make them for those :unsure: Will keep you posted on the hose pipe, thanks :)

Minnie-MooSno003ii.jpg

I don't really understand what the problem is.

Sno xxx

You could put a hot tap outside - I installed my own cold one on the outside wall and it would be just as easy to install a hot one as you would just attach it to the hot pipe under the sink rather than the cold one. You can get the kits for about a tenner :flowers:

Then you just need a bog standard shower attachment as per Wendy's link and Bob's your mother's brother.

i have one of these

http://www.easywatering.co.uk/acatalog/hoz...titap_2274.html

a hosepipe and a garden water gun thing, like you i have the problem of no outside tap (although b&q do a kit for about 12 quid which is easy install no cutting of pipes.... i do have one just haven't fitted it yet)

That's what you need Ange, attach your hosepipe to that and then you need one of these:

http://www.easywatering.co.uk/acatalog/hoz...2667_spray.html

which means that the water will only be 'on' when you press the trigger to make the shower bit work, you can use it to water your garden too.

There's a choice of different types of spray attachements:

http://www.easywatering.co.uk/acatalog/Hoz..._Knapsacks.html

Edited by Nettie