UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jess - New Foster Just Landed

Claire P

Meet Jess,

I just picked her up this afternoon. She is rather stressed at the minute but managed to persuade her to stop pacing long enought to take some pics for you all to see. I was told she was a Corgi but def not one of those, far bigger than that. She kinda has Corgi ears but that's as far as it goes. Was wondering about Kelpie Cross, what do you guys think.

gallery_3745_156_955544.jpg

gallery_3745_156_19190.jpg

gallery_3745_156_4445.jpg

gallery_3745_156_1540298.jpg

Please remember Cooper is a big JRT. Jess is around collie size so def a medium dog.

Poor thing has never been given a bed so just keeps lying on the floor despite being surrounded by 5 dog cushions. And looked like she would fall over with suprise when the terrierists jumped on the sofa with me.

You better not re home her till I meet her on Friday. She is lovely.

She won't be on the website by then. Don't think she will make it up the cloud though so prob leave her at home. See how she goes. I'd invite you round but the house is in a tip so can't have guests. Just been trying to work out when I will have time to clean it... I do far too much dog training for my own good I think. At least Jess seems to know the basics so once ahe has got used to me she should take too much work

Hi Claire, I am pretty certain she is a Kelpie :) With your permission I can crosspost to Kelpie UK and see what they think. There may also be a possibility of home on there for her too ;)

Well she has literally only just arrived so is in her assessment period for the next week or two. But once we know she is OK I'm sure the commitee won't mind cross posting. Amy is usually the one that posts on various forums for us so just check with her. But once her story goes on the Oldies web it will be fine to post elsewhere I am sure. If you mean just asking about her breed for the time being I'm sure that will be fine then we know what to describe her as on the rehominging postings

Tracey will be putting Jess' photo in the Coming Soon section on our website but we dont normally start crossposting until the dogs have finished their assessment periods. Once this is complete we're quite happy for you to crosspost her on the Kelpie board like you did for Sherry :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would treat you all to a few more pics of Jess (as always accompanied by Trix & Coops)

We went camping for Bank Hol weekend at a 2 day agility competition. I have only had her a week at that point and she spent most of it off lead. There was also a cockrel roaming about and none of the dogs ate it so that was good news.

Here they all are in our tent. As you can see we will be going for the comfy option for the Oldies camping trip.

gallery_3745_156_145315.jpg

Unfortunately you can't see Jess that well against my cow blanket. Trixie is modeling her wax jacket as was being a wouse as the grass was damp in the morning so decided it must be cold and wandered around shivering. Do wish someone would let my terriers they are supposed to be tough types of dogs!

Here the dogs are posing as a group. All these dogs go to the same training club as us

gallery_3745_156_53946.jpg

gallery_3745_156_59475.jpg

I thought the group pick gives people a good idea of her size. The springers on the end are of the smaller working variety.

We also went on a walk on the Sat night and ended up with a pack of 18 dogs! Jess was just about OK with this but all the other dogs were younger and boysterous so she was a bit worried about them knocking her back end when they went charging past.