UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sainsburys Collection Today

ranirottie

I have just got back from a collection at Sainsburys and boy was it cold !! I think we all did really well . I was chuffed to get a fiver then Paula outdid me and got a tenner but Becks outdid us both and got a twenty pound note off someone !!! Ebbi and Nellie were a big draw and loved all the fuss they got and really behaved beautifully in the 5 and a half hours that we were there. Little Guinness was adorable and so were Deborahs two poodles earlier. I am really sorry that I didn't catch Paula's friends name,she came with a lovely Wheaten Terrier with a very loud bark! :laugh: It was really nice to meet Beverley as well. It was packed at Sainsburys and the weather was foul but a lot of people just pretend they don't see you but lots stopped to ask about the Oldies Club,many were interested in fostering. I think we raised a reasonable amount between us x

Well done Cher - obviously your Sainsbury's is nicer to Oldies Club than mine were - both of the local ones to me turned down my application to have a street collection. They said they were only interested in kids and food charity's and local ones at that !!!!!

Can't wait to hear how much you managed to raise. I feel for you because if the weather has been anything like it has been here today it has been FREEZING - hail and wind - lovely

I have counted ours (we kept ours seperate because I keep my tin to raise other bits of funds) and we raised £227.48 today plus I emptied £23.50 out of the tin before we went to Sainsburys so I will be banking £251 for The Oldies Club. I do not know how much the others raised yet but I think we all did well. x

As far as Im concerned today was a massive success.

We passed out the phone number to lots of people who don't have internet access and many people wrote down the website address.

I think if we didn't have any dogs with us we wouldn't have done so well. The dogs were a bit hit and the kids loved them well all ages did! and they were very well behaved :wub:

Was mighty cold but we were standing right next to the door ways and the wind constantly gushed thru the doors. We had hail and torrential rain but that meant more people crowded round as they didn't want to go out and get wet :wink:

We got some great photo's and Paula's friend is going to write an article :biggrin:

Hopefully I will share the pics when they are emailed across to me

Cher kindly :laugh: passed a 'hanger on'

weird, drunken bloke

on to me he was a bit creepy and just stood next to her for ages but I soon dealt with him :laugh: Case of meeting all sorts when out in public :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :laugh: he was a very strange bloke and gave me the creeps. He kept on and on stroking Ebbi and repeating how lovely she was...............and that was it............for about ten minutes. He just would not go......soooooo.....I just pointed out what a gorgeous likkle poodle Guinness was and wouldn't he like to go and stroke him. Well done Becks for getting rid of him. All the dogs were great with the kids and Ebbi was a great hit with a crowd of disabled youngsters that all wanted to kiss and cuddle her,she just lapped it up. Guinness was a great hit in his little red coat :wub: and I thought he was still up for adoption (sorry Becks) and kept sending people over. I thought it was a very successful day and I think we ought to do it again later in the year x

I'm absolutely bowled over! You ladies and the lovely dogs have done brilliantly, I hope you're very very proud of yourselves.

I've got my fingers crossed for a busy week ahead with enquiries too. It's very exciting to think who might be sat at home now looking at our website for the first time or discussing fostering/adopting :elefant:

Thank you all so much :liebe94: I'll be in touch again about the next one as Cher suggested :wink: