UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Could You Spare A Few Thoughts, Please?

ClazUK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Claire - sorry it's all carp at the moment :GroupHug: . Also :GroupHug: for Gary and his family.

Just be positive, after all 50 is the new 60 :D

Seriously, if I can be of any help just holler. If you need a weekend dogwalker, birthday cake maker, someone to go down the pub with............gissa job mate :flowers:

Now to go off topic.....Eileen is that Chewie the lovely lurcher that was at White Lodge for absolutely ages then found a lovely home and went to France. I first met Claire when I volunteered at WL several years ago and used to go for yomps with Chewie, hoiked him over stiles and paddled in the fishing lake with him :wub:

Yes it is the same Chewie. We are living back in the UK now. He is still as adorable as ever and is now a PAT dog!! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Claire..

And thank you to everyone for your kind messages.

The funeral was very sad. I carried her coffin but couldn't read one of her poems I planned to.

Still hard to believe my Mum has gone.

The last couple of years have been difficult, since last August when we found out her cancer could no longer be treated we tried to make the time she had as enjoyable as possible. The last time we spoke she was joking and falling over in the hospice corridor, laughing and telling my Dad 'ERIC don't do that I don't need any help', clearly she did but there was a smile and gleeful glint in her eye.

She died just a few feet from where my sister and I were born.... at the Duchess of Kent Hospice, it used to be Dellwood Maternity Hospital in Reading.

I hope no one has to go through anything like what my Mum had to bare especially the last few weeks.

My dad has gone in to overdrive keeping busy and sorting things out.

Glad your Mum's ok. Hope your Dad makes a full recovery.

Shadow is still around, in my heart and on my arm everytime I look in the mirrror. His ashes are still floating around the planet, he must've been round the world at least once by now I reckon..................

;-)

Still hard to believe my Mum has gone.

I'm feeling that, I can't imagine the gap she's left with you guys :flowers:

I've completely neglected The Refuge lately. The Mum/Dad issue has become a bit overwhelming. Sorry.

Dad has moved into a nursing home, he has moments when he's like him, other moments he's flat and lost. He desperately wants to go home but would probably hurt himself in his workshop or set fire to the place if let unsupervised for long.

Mum has had the knee replacement. She hoped to go home around now, but has got pneumonia.

Currently my brother and I are ferrying my Dad to see my Mum as often as possible but we are both running out of annual leave and ££s and energy.

No idea when Mum & Dad are going to be reunited but Mums not going to be out for at least a week.

Just wanted to update (and say Hi to Gary) cos a few lovely fugeepeeps have messaged me through Facebook asking.

Edited by ClazUK

:GroupHug: oh Claire it must be a nightmare with both your parents ill and in different places and so far away from you. It's good that your dad is having times when he is his old self, hopefully more of your 'old dad' will return. Also wishing your mum a speedy recovery from pneumonia and hope she can be home soon.