UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Those Things We Do...

fee4

Michael my saluki is my beautiful boy-my absolute darling

Not that he is in any way spoilt-but my mother was pulling my leg about the following:

he has his own porcelain cup in the front room as he likes water in small clean amounts (no Lulu slobber)

he eats in the front room-as the kitchen has reflections-and he is scared of reflecting things

He has a variety of coats-

my neighbour calls him Sir & salutes him (he looks at her like shes scum!)

i move the pilows round so he has the soft ones (he doesnt like the memory foam) when he lies on the bed

i buy him fresh fish at least 4 times a week...and cook it with herbs & a little veg

i order him a prawn crackers from the takeaway

i have sat on the floor rather then move him when asleep on the sofa

i take 2 glasses of water to bed-one each

i have placed a blanket over the radiator in the spare room-so he can place his feet on the radiator for a better view more comfortably

he sometimes wakes me up for a cuddle in the night-when he thinks noone can see him he is really affectionate-so we often share a cuddle/chest rub etc during the wee small hours

i used to kennel him in leicester-i live in kent

i always save him the best bit from my dinner......

its not just me ...is it? :wink:

fee

Errrr..... :unsure:

No! :D

Let's see:

I've not sat on "my" sofa for ages - it actually is referred to as 'Malcolm's sofa'

I cook for the lot every day, with about half of it organic. It does happen that I don't cook enough so I'll have delish 8p a packet noodles.

Homemade biscuits are baking in the oven as we speak - shop bought just aren't good enough for my lot, although they do scoff them like I never feed them!

The freezer is full of sausages - just as training treats you understand.

I do wriggle myself into bed underneath Mal, should he lie on "my" spot, but we'll have a cuddle, and falling asleep with his head resting on my shoulder and feeling his breath on my skin is my idea of heaven :wub:

Mal was, at some point, diagnosed with arthritis, and indeed found it more and more difficult to climb on the bed. So our bed, the one that I really really liked, with the lovely sprung mattress, moved to the spare bedroom and later to a neighbour, and I bought us a new, lower double bed with a memory foam mattress (that I hate), because it would be better for Malcolm. As many people know, meanwhile Kimbas mum sorted Mal's back out, and together with his newfound energy Mal now plays mountain goat again!

And why else on earth would I have bothered with a van, and am I keeping my eye on freestanding awnings on ebay? Because how else am I gonna take 3 dogs on holiday! Besides, during our last camping trip Mal made it perfectly clear that at his age he expected a better standard of accommodation than "just" a tent!

I'm sure I'll come up with a few more things, but this is just off the top of my head :rolleyes:

Both sound perfectly reasonable to me :rolleyes:

Although I have a huge boot, with a custom made dog guard, both dogs ride on the back seat, with harnesses, because princess Dinkle hates being in the boot

Despite living with the OH, the dogs and I sleep in a king size bed, without him, there was no choice really :laugh:

Hand made biscuits are provided, fresh baked by my own fair hand every week

Lamb/venison joints are bought every month as a treat, I'd certainly never spend that amount of money on us humes.

Both have three coats each, 1 cosy Equafleece for chilly days, one waterproof for wet warm days and one foul weather for manky days, Spud also has a quilted smoking jacket to wear in the car if he has gotten wet because he hates wearing any of the coats I've bought him.

If I visit someone who doesn't allow dogs on the sofa, I'll sit on the floor too, solidarity and all that :rolleyes: most people crack and allow them up, it makes them really uncomfortable for some reason :laugh:

We never go on holiday, just couldn't leave the dogs in kennels, I don't trust them, and Spud would pine, Daisy wouldn't bother her arse.

We bought this house mainly because of the garden, perfect and safe, with no way for anyone to see in, for the dogs

I could go on, but I'd be here all night :laugh:

:DOooh secret telling time - I thought I was the only mad one

OH and I sit on the floor - Izzy has a whole couch to herself - Polly the armchair - Flynn and Hun on the other couch. I leave the tele on when I go out so the dogs can watch it

I take two drinks to bed - one has to be poured in a small dish in the bathroom so that Polly can have her good night drinky otherwise she wont settle.

We have recently decorated the lounge but left the old tv cabinet there so that Izzy can clang the door when she wants a biscuit, but she wont take it from you in the kitchen you have to follow her and hold it through the bannisters so that she can "collect" it on her way upstairs!!

The patio door is left open all day and most of the night so that the dogs can go in and out at will - and we leave the heating on so that the lounge and bedrooms are warm if they fall asleep in there.

Honey has a special baby wrap towel that she has to be wrapped in after a walk before she will get in the car and although she happily jumps in the car GOING for a walk she has to be lifted in (like Izzy) coming home.

We havent had a holiday for 8 years because Izzy doesnt travel well in the car - maximum is about 5 miles and I wont put her in kennels.

Polly has to sleep in between OH and myself - Flynn has to lie at the bottom, Izzy along the side and Hun in her basket in the corner but only once her duvet has been fluffed up.

None of the dogs will move until I get up in the morning - OH up at 4.30 - sons 5.30 and me at 6ish - even if they are called. They stay put but Iput one toe on the floor and they are all up :wub:

They all have spag bol if we are having it but Izzy doesnt like mushrooms so these have to be picked out.

OH and I sit on the floor - Izzy has a whole couch to herself - Polly the armchair - Flynn and Hun on the other couch. I leave the tele on when I go out so the dogs can watch it

I take two drinks to bed - one has to be poured in a small dish in the bathroom so that Polly can have her good night drinky otherwise she wont settle.

We have recently decorated the lounge but left the old tv cabinet there so that Izzy can clang the door when she wants a biscuit, but she wont take it from you in the kitchen you have to follow her and hold it through the bannisters so that she can "collect" it on her way upstairs!!

The patio door is left open all day and most of the night so that the dogs can go in and out at will - and we leave the heating on so that the lounge and bedrooms are warm if they fall asleep in there.

Honey has a special baby wrap towel that she has to be wrapped in after a walk before she will get in the car and although she happily jumps in the car GOING for a walk she has to be lifted in (like Izzy) coming home.

We havent had a holiday for 8 years because Izzy doesnt travel well in the car - maximum is about 5 miles and I wont put her in kennels.

Polly has to sleep in between OH and myself - Flynn has to lie at the bottom, Izzy along the side and Hun in her basket in the corner but only once her duvet has been fluffed up.

None of the dogs will move until I get up in the morning - OH up at 4.30 - sons 5.30 and me at 6ish - even if they are called. They stay put but Iput one toe on the floor and they are all up :wub:

They all have spag bol if we are having it but Izzy doesnt like mushrooms so these have to be picked out.

:unsure: oh dear, my dogs are practically cruelly treated then !! my dogs have dog beds , quite a few to choose from but nevertheless dog beds,and are not allowed on the furniture at all. The little ones are allowed on my bed for a cuddle when I am on a bad day but do not sleep there. My dogs have bags of dry dog food, none home cooked. :unsure: altho they do have sausages (as a morning treat) pigs ears,hide chews and various other bits and bobs. I used to feed raw three or four times a week but Ebbi became intolerant and the others weren't over keen so I stopped. My dogs travel in the boot,altho they do have a boot liner then another padded one and vet bed on top of that so it is comfy. I rarely use dog coats,Ebbi and Kizzy dont really like them,but I do if the weather is awful. Can somebody phone the RSPCA please? x :rolleyes:

:unsure: oh dear, my dogs are practically cruelly treated then !! my dogs have dog beds , quite a few to choose from but nevertheless dog beds,and are not allowed on the furniture at all. The little ones are allowed on my bed for a cuddle when I am on a bad day but do not sleep there. My dogs have bags of dry dog food, none home cooked. :unsure: altho they do have sausages (as a morning treat) pigs ears,hide chews and various other bits and bobs. I used to feed raw three or four times a week but Ebbi became intolerant and the others weren't over keen so I stopped. My dogs travel in the boot,altho they do have a boot liner then another padded one and vet bed on top of that so it is comfy. I rarely use dog coats,Ebbi and Kizzy dont really like them,but I do if the weather is awful. Can somebody phone the RSPCA please? x :rolleyes:

That will be two calls for the RSPCA then. :laugh:

My two arent allowed on the furniture or upstairs. They do have a choice of dog beds and one huge cushion that I lie on with them for cuddles.

They travel in the crate in the back of my car and are fed dried food. :rolleyes: Having said that, Daddy who is not a dog lover as such, cooks extra sausages or steak so they have leftovers. Mummy is veggie so cooks extra veggies for them. :laugh: I cant go to the shop without buying them something and tell them when I am going. 'Mummys going to the shop' and they wait for me eagerly to find out what I have for them. First thing I do when I get paid is go to the local pet store and buy their food for the month and nice treats and a new toy each (even thought they have a curver box full of them). :rolleyes:

That will be two calls for the RSPCA then. :laugh:

My two arent allowed on the furniture or upstairs. They do have a choice of dog beds and one huge cushion that I lie on with them for cuddles.

They travel in the crate in the back of my car and are fed dried food. :rolleyes: Having said that, Daddy who is not a dog lover as such, cooks extra sausages or steak so they have leftovers. Mummy is veggie so cooks extra veggies for them. :laugh: I cant go to the shop without buying them something and tell them when I am going. 'Mummys going to the shop' and they wait for me eagerly to find out what I have for them. First thing I do when I get paid is go to the local pet store and buy their food for the month and nice treats and a new toy each (even thought they have a curver box full of them). :rolleyes:

well at least someone is nearly as cruel as me......................if not quite. I am still reigning as the Cruelty Queen so far !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: altho we did buy a caravan and awning and lots of expensive equipment just so that we could take the dogs on holiday.

Edited by ranirottie

Cher, looking at your pictures, and meeting Andrea's Saf and Neo, I doubt it that the RSPCA would be eager to get their hands on you. Maybe us lot are just plain daft! :laugh: My cooking for the guys has a slightly ulterior motive though: it also ensures that I get a halfway decent meal most of the time, because I mostly eat what they eat. If I had to cook just for me every day it'd be packet pasta and noodles a lot more often! :rolleyes:

Mine are allowed anywhere except the 2 spare bedrooms where books, records and breakables are kept. Wispa does sleep on my bed, and Polly could if she wished but she prefers to be underneath it.

I don't cook specially for them but they get veggies, rice, pasta when I have them. I did cook for Wispa when she first came as she was malnourished and rather manky so needed special care with diet.

However, I do get far too much exercise as Wispa needs it, and we go to places which interest them rather than me.

But the real giveaway is that if Wispa is listening to something she likes on Classic FM or Radio 3 and I want to listen to rock music, I put on headphones rather than switch over.