UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Welcome Our New Family Member

kats n greys

I know not everybody can keep up with RMF and anyway Susie deserves her own thread :wub:

Say hello to our new girl (fingers crossed that she's happy here).

DSCF4624.jpg

Suzie is a 16 year old whippet/terrier cross who was taken to a vet by her original family to be put to sleep.

It seems her only crime was to have grown old and they had tired of her.

Fortunately the vet decided that Suzie should be saved and instead of putting her down he asked Milosmum if she was still involved with Gap and would they help. So very kindly Lisa came to the rescue of this great little lady

Susie lept like a log overnight, Ray stayed with her in the living room and she whined to go out at about 06:30, did what she needed, then toddled in climbed on a couple of the big beds and went to sleep again.

She seems to have a self inflicted sore on her bum and is and she's quite obsessive with it Hoping to find something to stop her doing it as it is quite nasty.

She's been fine with the cats, but does try to run after them if they run past her and I think she would come off worse if she tried to catch them

She's wearing Cushna's puppy collar at the moment (rather than her tatty blue one), but we are going to get her a pretty little one asap.

We've been for a walk that was over 1hr and she had no problem doing the whole thing, in fact the greys had their usual after walk nap, Susie has kept us on our toes. :)

All in all she's doing well.

Wonder what Lloyd is saying

basket006.jpg

Relaxed or what?

basket017.jpg

Out my way!

basket021.jpg

She definitely knows her own mind :wink:

She came with the food she was use to eating- Burns kibble, so we thought be good keep her on it for a few days until she settles

Ours get a home cooked meal in the evening, last night she spat her kibble all around the kitchen and picked out the small amount of home cooked we'd mixed in :ohmy: so tonight we gave in and gave her a home cooked meal- she ate nearly as much as Cushna, she now asleep by my feet and we've saved a little for her supper too :)