UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Instead Of Car Cages?

DanishPastry

how do they fit? do you have to drill holes in the car? my car is a brand new motability car and I am not sure if I am allowed to drill hols in it. x

The Barjo tailgate guards do need holes drilled, just 4, one in each corner and they aren't very big holes, probably 2-3mm across.

how do they fit? do you have to drill holes in the car? my car is a brand new motability car and I am not sure if I am allowed to drill hols in it. x

Not sure, but I would think there would need to be drilling to secure it properly :unsure:

I have a cage in mine, then I can take it out when I want. Mine also folds up so takes less space if it's out for a while.

We have a tailgate from here http://www.dogcages.uk.com/tailgates.html

Not cheap, but it is very solid and securely fixed without drilling any holes.

The top fixings are like cups that fit over the rim round the top of the boot opening and then it is secured by extending the legs.

We have had it for several years, in three different cars, with no problems.

I didn't have to drill any holes to fit my current one, the screws went into holes which were already there in the bodywork (two at the top, two at the bottom) :flowers:

Is it a Zafira that you have?

If so, there is a tailgate that doesn't need screws on agilitynet. It says it fits a 2003 model. I don't know if the new one is different.

Anyone thinking of using dog travel products should read this first

http://www.champdogsforum.co.uk/board/topic/112440.html#fp

I'm sorry i posted about the dog travel site, i had no idea what was going on. I found the site when looking for a tailgate and as i said i did think about ordering one but luckily found a 2nd hand one instead. If i'd known i wouldn't have given details on here. Ingrid, well spotted and thanks for warning people :flowers: