UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Happy 5th Gotcha Day Holly And 4th Gotcha Day Winnie

Holly arrived here from Wexford Ireland 5 years ago , she was the most nervous puppy in the world and wet herself if you looked at her. Every single thing was scary and it took many months of work from us, my mum ( who looked after her in the daytime ) our fantastic dog trainer and of course Holly herself before she could walk on a lead and do anything that you would class as normal

Hollybed.jpg

and now 5 years later , she still has moments with her nerves and can be a tad funny but overall she is a miracle. She has made some doggie friends, has 2 mad lurcher brothers and has been a foster sister to many dogs that have joined us whilst they waited for there forever homes

garden021.jpg

DSCF3622.jpg

dogswalk007.jpg

then a year later we collected Winnie from Whitelodge, he was only going to stay here one night on his way to meet a family for a home check. It didn't go very well ( Winnie chomped their dog and wanted to eat their chickens )

he was only a baby himself but already the world was a very confusing place for him, he was not over keen on other dogs he also suffered with nightmares and used to wake up screaming however he seemed to really get on with our 2 ( Holly and Noah ) and liked us so he came back to us to stay as a foster dog.

Winnie as a foster came on holiday with us ( lake District April 2005 )

Photo47-Youngerdog.jpg

and well erm ooh eerr............he never left :laugh:

Winnie with his best buddy in the world Salem the world domination plotting cat

stuff149.jpg

mumsnewcamera032.jpg

I am so proud of them both , they have both given us a 2nd chance when they had every reason not to trust people again,

Happy gotcha day Holly Monster of Wexford and Winniebobbaygo Squirrel we love you very much

x x x x

Oh my goodness Holly is the absolute spit of my Chloe in colour and the way she stands. Chloe has a slightly longer coat but by golly they could be twins. Do you know exactly what the mix is in Holly???

And Winnie - what can I say apart from the fact that saluki's make me want one instantly. Beautiful, beautiful dogs