UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Saying Goodbye - Pudding Is Moving On.....

Wendbert

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pudding has had a fantastic time while she has been with you Wendy. She has experienced lots of new things, made new friends both doggy and human, learnt what living in a family home is like - all very good lessons. And while she has been with you, you have been able to fully assess her which will be very beneficial in finding Pudding the very best forever home :)

Don't beat yourself up about your failure to bond with her - these things have to be right - and you are doing the right thing by giving her the opportunity to find her perfect forever home.

If some people have been giving you a hard time about this then they obviously don't know you very well Wendy. Those of us who do know you will know that you have not taken this decision lightly and that you are doing it for the good of both Pudding and yourself - just as it should be :GroupHug:

Sorry you had to make this decision, it must not have been easy. But you either bond or don't, it's that simple. You have given her a great start and someone will thank you for that. Please don't beat yourself up about it. I am sure you will soon find your special girl, or she will find you. You have done your best and no one can ask more. :GroupHug: to yor.

Barbara

:GroupHug: sorry it didn't work out for you and i hope that you are not getting any hassle over it. Pdding needed teaching what home life was all about and you did a good job with that. Not all dogs are right for all people, I have had my share of dogs that "didn't fit",but she is now in a better position to find her perfect home. If you had kept her then neither you not her would have been completely happy and that is not the idea of rescue. Her perfect home and your perfect dog are out there waiting to be found.Good luck to both of you :flowers: x

I know exactly what you mean Wendy. As you know I'm in pretty much the same position as you at the moment, looking for a friend for Charlie. I vetted a lovely choccie girl the other day, she was lovely but not for me and then we got a super young choccie boy in, but again not right. Like you I will KNOW when it's right for me OH and more importantly my choccie man. :wub: Good luck with your search, so sorry Pudding was not the one :GroupHug:

Thanks everyone :flowers:

I'm not going to look for another. I wonder whether part of the reason is that I was looking for Pudding, or what I thought I wanted in another choccie girl. It's hard to explain really but maybe the fact that the only 2 dogs I've ever looked for were Gdog and Poppy, the rest have found me one way or another :unsure:

Anyway, the great news for Pudding is that after she's had a couple of days at the Barn, she's going to a new family who are also adopting Lacy, one of Pudding's daughter's :wub: Pudding is such a confident, happy little girl that I'm sure she'll take it all in her stumpy little stride.

I look at her now, curled up on the sofa with Wiggle and I and I wonder if I'm making the right decision but then again, thinking of her being a foster and not "mine" tells me I'm doing the right thing for Pudding :wub:

Assessments of dogs in a natural home invironment is invaluable, to find the perfect home for them. So well done, I am sure she has had a great "holiday" with you, and is now ready to become a soul mate to someone else :flowers:

Wendy without you and the love you have shown Pudding, she may never have

found her forever home

:GroupHug: for you, Wiggle & Sir H, each of you will miss

her, but enriched by the time and memories you all shared