UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Got Filthy Dogs!

BillyMalc

In the end it was only Morag (purple-mog), Dave from the Wiccs forum and myself who were able to make it to the Hardcastle Crags walk. When we got there, the sun was out and everything was just fine. Within 15 minutes of setting off the heavens opened though, and we were "treated" to a mix of hail, rain and snow! :ohmy: 3 Hours later, at the end of our first walk, the sky was blue again and the dogs weren't tired yet, so me n Morag decided to do another loop - and sure enough got rained and hailed on again :rolleyes:

At the end of that walk, we had 5 reasonably tired and very filthy dogs!

Mal, Kiera and Sparky had a good rub-down when we got home and we've all had a big bowl of soup, and it is now very, very quiet in here :wub:

Start of the walk. It was dry and reasonably sunny, and note Farah being very white, still!

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220090.jpg

Sparky was very interested in what Finn was doing, but then must of realised that he actually was in the water, and heyyyyy, there was a very pretty girl right above him (Farah :))

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220-12.jpg

Pretty Molly

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220-10.jpg

Kiera's found a rather sizeable stick

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220-1.jpg

"Uh oh, them stones aren't such a good idea after all, they're really scary actually! Muuuuumm, heeeeelp!!"

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220-9.jpg

Poor Sparks didn't have the best of days: first there were bangs that scared him, so he had to be on his lead for a while. Then he tried to flirt with pretty little Farah, who told him in no uncertain terms that humping her was not the way to go about things! He then got told off again for being too much in-your-face, and when he finally got it right and they were about to hit it off, bossy-boots Kiera interfered and reminded him rather sternly that he already had a girlfriend! :glare:

Oh, and he got another telling off from Molly, for being too friendly with her dad! Poor Sparks ...!

Photoshoot! Kiera, Farah and Finn posing patiently for the paparazzi :cool:

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220-7.jpg

Look at the state of Farah! :ohmy: :laugh:

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220-5.jpg

Mal's coat hides the mud pretty well, but he was filthy too!

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220-4.jpg

Finn :wub: :wub:

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220-6.jpg

"Did someone say food???!!"

Jimthevanprojectinsulation280220-3.jpg

Despite the weather we had a great day out and we're hoping to meet up again soon (hope the weather will play ball though), so give a shout if you wanna come along! :)

Finn!! :wub: :wub: one of my favourite collie boys.

Billy, I'm sure that Sparks will soon learn the rules with two girls bossing around.......... poor boy! :laugh:

Looks like a lovely place to walk. Maybe I can have a day out in the summer. :biggrin:

Really sorry I didn't make it, I'm full of cold so took the wussy option of tea, toast and an early return home. Looks like you had fun, though.

No worries Claz, you really wouldn't have enjoyed it if you're not feeling well - you wouldn't even have been able to sit inside at the caf, as they don't allow dogs inside :(

Looks like a great day out :)

My friend Lynne couldn't make it as she also had a lurgy. Maybe next time.

Aahh Owl! Now you reminded me of who the other "mystery person" was who was gonna come along! I was sure that there might be another person, but for the life of me couldn't remember who it was :wacko: Of course Lynne will be more than welcome if she feels up to it next time! :)

Finn!! :wub: :wub: one of my favourite collie boys.

Billy, I'm sure that Sparks will soon learn the rules with two girls bossing around.......... poor boy! :laugh:

Looks like a lovely place to walk. Maybe I can have a day out in the summer. :biggrin:

I do think it's good for Sparks to be bossed around a bit at times - he gets rather big for his boots! :wink:

Would be great if you could make it some time in the summer, but I reckon you'd have to make it a holiday and go sometime during the week - even with the weather yesterday there were too many silly people and kids about, wouldn't want to take my chances on a nice, sunny Sunday! :rolleyes:

How're Finn and Farah, Morag? The rabble here didn't move at all last night, lol!

Hey guys! Not had a chance to get my pics online as yet (darn job is getting in the way!) but neither of mine moved a muscle after a bath last night though they are *still* filthy and this morning Princess Manky Afro-bum Farah was really really stiff!

Will see how long they stay awake at training tonight :laugh: Pics coming later I hope :wink:

PS I am so :wub: with Sparky-dawg

Next time you go can me and Potty come and share the petrol/deisel like last time. Sparks will be happy as his lady love will be there.

I'd love you to come, but it's the walk where I'm not sure that potty muppet won't go off to "see the sheep" :unsure:

That is quite a dirty dog you've got there btw, I'd give her a bath if I were you :wink: