UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sad News, A Friends Dog

chasta

I said in RMF this morning that I was off to meet some friends for our normal weekend big-dog get together, just before I left I had a text to say they weren't coming.

When I got home I had another text to say that Penny, their bull mastiff bitch had died in her sleep :(

Penny was only 5, she had thyroid problems, but that was all, and was well controlled with meds. Penny was a grumpy old moo with other dogs at times, and she was just starting to be able to go offlead unmuzzled with my guys after months of work.

Yesterday we had a lovely sunny walk, all the dogs (7) running offlead, Penny playing nicely with them all, it was just wonderful, and Jac and I had a lump in our throats to see our grumpy bitches playing nicely at long last :mecry: :biggrin:

Jac says Penny had been just fine all day, she had her tea, went to sleep and stayed that way :mecry:

So night night Penny, you great lump, I will miss your head butts and leaning, and that cheeky glint in your eyes. I hope your journey to the Bridge was peaceful and your time here was happy. We love you very much :wub: