UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jade Goody

cheryl33

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no fan of hers, but I can understand why she's doing what she's doing - does make for uncomfortable viewing / reading though . I wonder how her boys will feel in the future if they see all the footage from now. That said she has raised awareness of how important it is to go for that smear test.

I haven't met her, but friends of ours have and they think she is a lovely person. She lives fairly close by and her beauty salons are just down the road. The local paper ran a piece last summer about her viewing a local private school and the feelings of some of the 'anonymous' parents were unpleasant, so I hope that the boys don't get a hard time if that is the way they are educated.

As to the fiance, she obviously loves him, but he is a waste of space. He is a friend of my nephew and he did once actually work for a living. Having heard the circumstances of how they met, and his behaviour at the beginning I have no doubt that the only reason he has stayed around has been financial :err:

Edited by Maria

From what Maria has said, my feelings on 'the boyfriend' appear to be on track - I just hope Jade has written a well worded will and that her boys interests will be looked after by somebody with their interests at heart. I have always been a sneaky admirer of Jade for speaking her mind and telling it as she finds it - we can't all think exactley the same.

I feel nothing but compassion for any young mother in her situation, whatever her faults. We are none of us perfect - and her little boys don't deserve to lose their mummy, no matter how inadequate she may seem to us.

I expect she thinks that money is the way out of misery for them - I happen to disagree. I think that good, responsible, loving carers are far more important for their future happiness. All the education she can buy won't make up for the lack of a good parent. :(

As for her stupidity, or her size, or her lack of looks, or talent - well, if we all had to be thin, pretty or clever to be accepted, society would have a lot of rejects. It's our society which has created the "market" for people like Jade - I couldn't care less about "celebrities" but someone watches Big Brother, someone buys the celebrity mags, or there would be no place for them. :(

On a slightly different note, I never understand why we need charities to fund-raise for medical research (or lifeboats or animal welfare or Marie Curie nurses). Why isn't it government-funded? Cancer sufferers are almost routinely expected to fund-raise for the disease they've been struck down by - why? :unsure:

I expect she thinks that money is the way out of misery for them - I happen to disagree. I think that good, responsible, loving carers are far more important for their future happiness. All the education she can buy won't make up for the lack of a good parent. :(

That's very true. I've no idea what the father of her children is like so haven't commented on that, but hopefully he will do a good job of looking out for their interests and bringing them up, with the added benefit of them having the money there for them. I am guessing he will have more input than Jade's new hubby. Money isn't the be all and end all of course but hopefully in this situation - and many others - it will help.

Perhaps one of the saddest things in this whole case is that Jades cancer went undiagnosed for about three years. She'd shown symptoms and been backwards and forwards to her local hospital yet it wasn't until her tumour started bleeding massively that they found it. To be repeatedly collapsing in pain and bleeding means the cancer is pretty well established by then. Why oh why wasn't it found sooner? It certainly wasn't for lack of trying on Jades part. She'd been told she was fine so many times that when she did get a letter asking her to go back last summer she ignored it and flew to India.

It's all well and good the media now prompting women to get tested sooner but what if other women are wrongly told they're ok? This simply shouldn't be happening.

Just to add to my dislike of this woman I remember when she was on Big Brother, just before the infamous race row, she stated categorically that she hates dogs.

Gawd can we not have a complete character assasination of a woman dying from cancer please? :angry: Sorry but whether she likes dogs or not is irrelevant to any of this.

I agree Jules :rolleyes:

i think what she is doing is great. Everyone is quick to trash her but look at some of business ventures she has done that have earned her money over the last few years.

She's securing a future for her two boys and if she has to sell a few photos, then why the heck not!

Whatever she has done and said in the past she is a young mum with young children whos life is being cut very short

Exactly. There but for the grace of God, as the saying goes :( I can't imagine the pain she is going through and I feel so sorry for those two little boys who will grow up without their mother :(

Perhaps one of the saddest things in this whole case is that Jades cancer went undiagnosed for about three years. She'd shown symptoms and been backwards and forwards to her local hospital yet it wasn't until her tumour started bleeding massively that they found it. To be repeatedly collapsing in pain and bleeding means the cancer is pretty well established by then. Why oh why wasn't it found sooner?

I was thinking about that yesterday as well - her trips back and fore hospital have been well documented in the press, so why on earth wasn't it diagnosed sooner? :unsure:

Gawd can we not have a complete character assasination of a woman dying from cancer please? :angry: Sorry but whether she likes dogs or not is irrelevant to any of this.

Couldn't agree more :( Just try and imagine for one moment how she must be feeling right now and be thankful it's not you :mecry:

Well, I'm going to be very controversial and confess that I couldn't care less about her. All she's famous for is being stupid, ugly, fat, gobby and racist. I think she's a complete attention seeker, loads of people have cancer and don't make such a song and dance about it. As for the sham marriage to the chav boyfriend, it's not very long ago that he called her 'the cashpoint' in the media while he was off with other women. He's going to be quids in when she's gone and, I assume, that's all he's bothered about.

The woman has no dignity or pride and all this media hype is engineered to get her the sympathy vote so people who are nicer than me forget what an obnoxious creature she has proved herself to be time and time again.

This might sound mean, I don't care, I'm not going to say nice things about somebody I can't stand just because she's dying of an illness that millions struggle with every single day.

What's the difference between Jade's 'racist' comments and your comments about her being stupid, ugly, fat and gobby? What has her physical appearance got to do with anything? I'm no fan as she hasn't done anything I'm particularly interested in and I don't think her predicament is any more terrible than anyone else in the same situation, a young mother dying and leaving her children is just awful but if she can make some money, good for her.

The dog comment is silly too - I believe she owns one??

The 'galant' Mr Tweed has apparently changed his Facebook status to 'single'. She has written a will which gives him control of the boys money for 7 years to avoid inheritance tax - who on earth advised her that this was a good idea? Jade had to seperate him and her mother when they were rowing in hospital at the weekend - and still she manages to keep smiling! If I had to live with what she's lived through, I'd be a jibbering wreck.

Perhaps one of the saddest things in this whole case is that Jades cancer went undiagnosed for about three years. She'd shown symptoms and been backwards and forwards to her local hospital yet it wasn't until her tumour started bleeding massively that they found it. To be repeatedly collapsing in pain and bleeding means the cancer is pretty well established by then. Why oh why wasn't it found sooner? It certainly wasn't for lack of trying on Jades part. She'd been told she was fine so many times that when she did get a letter asking her to go back last summer she ignored it and flew to India.

It's all well and good the media now prompting women to get tested sooner but what if other women are wrongly told they're ok? This simply shouldn't be happening.

The 'story' locally is that she had 3 lots of treatment for abnormal cells, was recalled a 4th time, but didn't go back :unsure: Maybe we'll never know the exact truth - this is a local hospital to me and while it's not perfect it does seem to have a good track record on these issues.

I sincerely hope that the new husband will have no access to her estate, and that the boys will have guardians who will have their interests at heart and keep their mum alive in their memories :(