UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Going To Get Moaned About

ranirottie

I know I will get slated for this and the gossips will have a field day but yesterday I had another bad day and it brought a situation to a head and I have decided to let Millie go. I love her to bits but she is too young and lively to want to stay on my bed with me and if she is running around with the girls she barks and gets upset when they go out of the flap and she can't get out. She can't/won't use the flap and I can't get downstairs to let her out when I am stuck in bed so it means she has to toilet in the kitchen.I have tried teaching her to use the flap but she won't go anywhere near it,so that means on my bad days she can only go out first thing in the morning and then not again until Chris comes home and she doesn't get to play in the garden with the others. She is coming right out of her shell now and hasn't been here very long so she will settle happily with a new family. I will really miss her but it is not working for her or us. x

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bless you Cher, nobody should be beating you up about this. You have made the right decision for you and Millie and it must have been very difficult.

Millie is young and beautiful and will find a more suitable home easily and that will allow you to foster another old fart who will quite happily lie on the bed with you all day.

Love and :GroupHug:

You would have been moaned at if you kept her when you knew it was not right!!!! For goodness sake Cher stop beating yourself up, if one of the dogs you had rehomed ended up in this situation you would be in there like a shot to take it out for the sake of the dog and the owner!!! As you say she is young, she has had lots of training with you, and she will find a home easily.

ps hope you are having a better day today.

Edited by buddyboy

:flowers: thank you, I really appreciate your support. I am very low and depressed at the moment,I am having so many bad days and its not fair on her. I am upset at coming to the decision but I think it is the right one. I should have learned my lesson with Tillee but I hoped that Millie would stay the cuddly lap dog that she came in as,but she is now a happy,feisty little terrier. x

you got her out of the bad situation she was in and have got her medical attention and brought her on. You never know what a dog is gong to be like till it settles in and comes out of its shell. You know you can now find her the best home.

Im here for you xxx

:flowers: thank you, I really appreciate your support. I am very low and depressed at the moment,I am having so many bad days and its not fair on her. I am upset at coming to the decision but I think it is the right one. I should have learned my lesson with Tillee but I hoped that Millie would stay the cuddly lap dog that she came in as,but she is now a happy,feisty little terrier. x

It is your own fault for doing such a good job turning them round Cher, :laugh:

You have worked wonders with her and given her a chance she wouldn't have had, some come into our lives to heal and move on, some come to stay, she s a heal and move on dog. You are very good at healing both mentally and physically these dogs, you also teach them that some humans can give unconditional love because you do let them go when you obviously adore them because it is for them and not you.

:GroupHug:

I hoped that Millie would stay the cuddly lap dog that she came in as,but she is now a happy,feisty little terrier. x

That sums it up - your job in her life is done, other than finding her someone who wants a happy fiesty little terrier....... well done for restoring her confidence.