UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Blimey - Interesting 24 Hours

ClazUK

Fair,fat and forty is the general rule for gallstones Clare so you've bucked the trend a bit :D

Just be glad of keyhole surgery as my Mum's scar from the old days of gallbladder surgery is awful.These days it's pretty straight forward.

Hope you get rid of the horrible things soon and have no more pain,it is a very nasty pain and can often be referred up to your shoulder and through your back.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Get on a very low fat diet and keep in a good stock of strong painkillers for a flare up!! Having been through gallstones and having gall bladder removed i'd honestly say dont worry about the op. The only time i've ever been in more pain than a flare up was when my apendix was on the verge of bursting :rolleyes: Once my gall bladder was removed it was lovely to be back to normal again with no more attacks, it may seem drastic but mine got worse as time went on so it was a relief to get it over and done with.

Fair,fat and forty is the general rule for gallstones Clare so you've bucked the trend a bit :D

Grey fat and fifty, surely? :unsure: :laugh:

I suddenly feel like I'm falling apart..... went to my GP, as instructed, to tell her about the A&E visit and she had nothing on her notes that I had this heart atrial fibrillation thing. She asked how long I'd known; it's got to be 15 months by now, and she was furious Nottingham QMC, who found it, had not made a referral to a cardiologist. Seems like I should be on meds or getting treatment as it makes me prone to clotting. It also means about a quarter of the blood in me doesn't move around properly, which can cause exhaustion due to lack of oxygen getting around my body (think I've got this right, feel free to correct me, Jules & Alexis!). I'd put my constant tiredness down to never really mending 100% following my breakdown/depression around 2005, maybe not. It would be nice if they could get some of my energy back (and maybe kick-start my lousy metabloism?!).

So I have tests and referrals for my heart.

And yesterday I found my arthroscopy is on 27th February.

And I need to see the Dr/Consultant re the gallstones around that time, too.

My, I'm so healthy :crying_anim: I wouldn't mind if I'd drank, smoked and partied through my life :rolleyes:

Thanks for the good wishes; seems like I need them!

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I think we whizz through most of our life being fairly fit and having nothing majorly wrong with us and then we hit our 40's and 50's and things start to become a little creaky.It's scary as we start to think about our own mortality and that is frightening.It's something we don't give a thought to in younger years but suddenly you get a couple of things go wrong and bam it hits you.So what I'm trying to say Clare is that I think feeling a bit emotional and pizzed off about it all is perfectly ok and what anyone would be feeling.

The atrial fibrillation and feeling tired thing,it mostly leads to breathlessness and dizzy spells when you've actually got the AF.If yours comes and gos it's paroxysmal AF.I think it would leave you feeling like you have less energy because your blood isn't being pumped around so efficiently to carry oxygen around as you say.

I hope you get it sorted soon matey :flowers: I don't clot very well so perhaps we could do a bit of swapping? :biggrin:

Cheer guys. I'm trying to do the 'glass half full' thing; if I can get all of this crap sorted I should feel a lot better. I'd put recent breathlessness down to asthma and general unfitness, so at least that's some kind of explanation. Bring on the drugs and the surgery, then I can become one of those disgraceful 50 year olds who refuse to act their age :biggrin:

How much gloopy blood do you want, Jules? :wink:

Tw*t features My ex had the same as you Claire, his gall stone was too big to dissolve so they took his gall baldder out completely. Up to the op and for a couple of weeks after he had to watch his diet (no fatty stuff etc) but afterwards he was back to completely normal diet and no problems. Basically they bypass your gall bladder so that instead of your gut getting bile 'on demand' it has a supply fed direct to it. Good luck :GroupHug:

:GroupHug:

OH had his knee replaced a week ago and a fortnight before that his AF came back. AF can come and go and his had last happened 12 years ago. Hope yours is of a similar variety! He's been back out on his bicycle today with only the aid of some paracetamol for his knee and isn't having to take any heart drugs, so don't despair :flowers:

I have gallbladder probs without stones, it's called biliary diskynesia but I've spelled it wrong I think. Basically you get the pain of stones with no stones and no chance of it getting better. And I have it all the time. Which is nice. The pain is bearable when you've had it every day for a year. No it's not really, that's what the tramadol are for, mwahahaha! On the plus side, when explaining it to others, you get to say the word sphincter, which always leads to Wayne's World quotes. :laugh:

Hope you're feeling much better soon, you have my sympathy on the pain side of things!! :GroupHug: