UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who's Got Snow?

boosboss

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian also completely missed our driveway and carried on skidding down the road :rolleyes: He almost crashed into his dads car which is parked on the road, by millimetres he missed that then managed to turn around but struggled back up the hill. He turned onto the driveway but instead of moving forwards his car went sideways and he almost crashed into the wall! He was supposed to pop up to his nans house tonight but isn't going to bother because he doesn't fancy driving in our street again.

Mollys friend Rebecca came here after school and her mum came to pick her up just before 5pm. She said if she'd known how dangerous our street is she would've made Rebecca walk :laugh:

Ian also completely missed our driveway and carried on skidding down the road :rolleyes: He almost crashed into his dads car which is parked on the road, by millimetres he missed that then managed to turn around but struggled back up the hill. He turned onto the driveway but instead of moving forwards his car went sideways and he almost crashed into the wall! He was supposed to pop up to his nans house tonight but isn't going to bother because he doesn't fancy driving in our street again.

Mollys friend Rebecca came here after school and her mum came to pick her up just before 5pm. She said if she'd known how dangerous our street is she would've made Rebecca walk :laugh:

Once off the main roads it is a bit dodgy :laugh: :laugh:

I did a nice pirouette just getting out of the front door :laugh:

Miya lurves the snow, well catching snowballs :laugh:

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0090-1.jpg

DSC_0049-1.jpg

Wow, fab action shots! :wub:

I had an 'interesting' drive home trying to get up one of the hills on the way home. :rolleyes: I know its always a problem but is made worse by people not knowing how to drive in the snow. :rolleyes: I got home eventually and ditched the car at home and walked the 20 minutes to Slimming World as I wasnt doing anymore hill driving. :laugh:

I am seriously debating what to do about work tomorrow - the snow is now starting to freeze, Rob took Nog out and BOTH of them slipped on the ice; any snow which falls on top of it over night is going to make it very dangerous, even if theres no further snow and the main roads stay clear I'll struggle to get off my estate but thats not the thing bothering me, there is no way on earth I am even going to attempt to take my car back down the hill into the village to get to work if it's iced up. The hill is really steep and at the bottom I have to make a very sharp 90 degree right turn, if the car starts to slide I will either end up careering down the hill and crashing into a cottage at the bottom or if I slide when trying to make the turn I could end up backwards into the cottage, ever so helpful Rob said yeah but thats if you make it down in the first place - because if she starts to slide at the top you'll HAVE to stay straight and aim for the cottage because if you try and steer you could overturn :wacko: :wacko: then of course if I do make it down I'll have the fun of trying to get back up it again after work.

I think my best bet will be to see if I can get to the main rd, then if I can drive all the way over but stop at the turning before the hill and go take a looksee before deciding if I wanna risk driving down it - mind you if its not safe to drive down I won't be walking down it either and will come back home.

We're now taking bets on how long it takes before somebody crashes into Alans parked car. It's never been this slippery out there. Ian is contemplating not going to work because we can't imagine how we can get off this hill without crashing. It seems everywhere else in Faringdon has been gritted but not our street. I think the gritter took one look at the hill and scarpered :laugh: