UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Spikey Update

houndzrus

As you may know, Spike developed a couple of heart problems just before Christmas which knocked him back quite a bit. :( Well I thought I'd just update on the old fella, following our visit to the vet today. He is very pleased with Spike's progress and his heart rate has dropped even more, so is well within the normal range. It is not curable, and will eventually end his life, but for now the medication dosage is just right for maintaining him at a good liveable level. I asked about something for arthritis and have got that too. The vet said he had noticed these things previously but didn't want to give anything unless it was worth it. In other words , he didn't expect Spike to come through this.

Anyway, I don't want to tempt fate, but the vet doesn't want to see Spike for another three months. :) I'm not looking that far ahead, I just enjoy each day he is here, but at least he is getting the quality of life he deserves. :wub: He has made efforts to reclaim the sofa this week (and succeeded). The other fab thing that happened today was that we all went for a walk round Ryton pools, only about a mile or so, but this is the dog who couldn't walk at Westonbirt and wouldn't leave the car park at Waseley Hills.

Just a bit of good news amongst all the doom and gloom around today. :flowers:

Brilliant news, well done Spike :wub:

Just to round off his update we need a new picture of His Handsome Spikieness now please :biggrin:

:laugh: :laugh: Here's one of my favourites from last year, didn't have a camera today :rolleyes:

780f7cf1.jpg

You've already seen this one taken a couple of days ago, but here it is anyway.

spikeslumber.jpg

Marge you must be sooo relieved it is good progress :GroupHug:

Yes I am, he's fighting lots of battles but he's such a sweetie, he just soldiers on. I feel like I've been holding my breath for the last three months and yesterday was the first near "normal" we've had for such a long time. :flowers: