UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

White Dogs.

ranirottie

any tips on how to keep a westie white? I have noticed that other peoples westies are beautifully clean and gleaming. My Pixi is usually a dingy grey,or a nice poo colour (fox,rabbit,horse,cow etc she isn't fussy) or a nice shade of mud. :unsure: She is a roller :sick01: but even after a bath she is still not really white. Am I using the wrong washing powder in my machine? x :laugh:

Edited by ranirottie

I haven't had a westie but the two that lived opposite us were always pristine white. I don't they got to do much rolling though.

You can get special shampoos for white dogs to make them whiter.

Also those that show brush talcum- baby powder I think- through their coats in between shampoos.

Sno's a collie type rather than a westie but he does love to roll in fox pooh when he gets the chance and he's mostly white. I think he stays nice and white - his hair seems very fine though, so the mud tends to just dry off. I don't give him a shower very often at all. If he rolls in fox pooh I tend to wash that area (cos I really don't want to have to bathe him every day!) and he comes up like new.

Johnsons do at least 3 shampoos for white dogs, P@H sell them. Try one that has got tar based stuff it (smells awful but does the trick)

I always bath Henry in tomato ketchup as well when he has been rolling in poo :rolleyes: He is bathed in Malacetic but you can get Malaseb as well which leaves their skin smooth and coat glossy

Lily gets fairly grubby but thats not surprising as we walk in the dirtiest of places :rolleyes: I bath her 3 weekly/monthly.

She does also get a dark ring where the tags on her collar rub on her hair though I dont know how to stop that :unsure: Her collar and tags are rinsed after every walk and washed regularly.