UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What I've I Done

yena

OK, but knowing how people on here feel about puppy farming and that this is an animal welfare forum, you surely weren't expecting everyone to applaud your decision?

If you managed to find a yorkie puppy in rescue, I wouldn't have thought it would have been too difficult to have found a JRT in rescue, or at least to have found a decent breeder.

...surely there is a difference between welcoming a new pup and "applauding the decision", it is, after all, not Daisy's fault where she came from :unsure:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the pathetic little pup that, no doubt, will take her place?

While Daisy has a good future to look forward to , the shop will just buy in more and the puppy farmer now has justification to breed another litter.

I couldn't go into one of these places as I would want to save them all but know that I couldn't.

True, I didn't expect people to applaud what I've done, but like I said at least I was honest enough to say just where she had come from.

My yorkie puppy was offered to me from a rescue after I'd lost Milly, my yorkie/x and since I lost Yena in October, I have looked at puppies and other dogs on rescue sites, but, today I just saw Daisy and my heart went out to her, right or wrong I couldn't leave her there.

...surely there is a difference between welcoming a new pup and "applauding the decision", it is, after all, not Daisy's fault where she came from :unsure:

I was responding to Yena's comment that she could have just come on here and lied and said she'd got her from a rescue or good breeder.

What about the pathetic little pup that, no doubt, will take her place?

While Daisy has a good future to look forward to , the shop will just buy in more and the puppy farmer now has justification to breed another litter.

I couldn't go into one of these places as I would want to save them all but know that I couldn't.

Exactly.

Yena, which dog food do you buy? Maybe someone can find another retailer/online store if you tell us what it is you feed.

Whilst I can't deny that she's very cute puppy and will no doubt have a very happy life with you, sadly all the time people go into shops, buy a pup on a whim, it just keeps the puppy farms in business :(

Sorry but I am really really saddened - and shocked - to read that someone on the Refuge, which promotes animal welfare and rescue, would go to one of these stores to buy anything, never mind come home with a puppy.

It's people giving them money that keeps puppy farmers/dealers/petshops like this in business. It's bad enough that someone goes there in all innocence.

I hope she will be happy and healthy but I worry for all the others who are still waiting to be sold/have been sold into the wrong homes and who are going to be bred from season upon season to produce these cute little pups.

I must admit, I agree with Wendy and Ange. :(

I have no problem with "genuine caring " breeders, but to my mind you have lined a puppy farmers pockets and helped to subsidise the next litter. :rolleyes:

Edited to add Daisy is very cute :wub:

Edited by redditchlady

I must admit, I agree with Wendy and Ange. :(

I have no problem with "genuine caring " breeders, but to my mind you have lined a puppy farmers pockets and helped to subsidise the next litter. :rolleyes:

Edited to add Daisy is very cute :wub:

Having also adopted an ex puppy farmed girl I agree too - I don't understand how anyone could give any trade to a business which promotes this evil business I'm afraid :(

Daisy is indeed very cute- as are all pups -but I doubt her Mum and Dad are looking very cute any more, if the state of Smudge when we adopted her is anything to go by. Sorry, but if we can't get the message across to members of animal welfare sites , what hope do we have with the general public :shrug: ?

Of course Daisy is very cute - all puppies are!

I can't but completely agree with ReikiAnge, Wendbert and Redditchlady and voice my sadness and shock about "one of us" having lined a puppy farm breeder's pockets :( :( :( There is obviously little point in holding campaigns and having people sign petitions if those very same people then go into the store and help perpetuate the cruelty that they have just signed against :mecry:

I hope that little Daisy, as cute as she looks on the pictures, will grow up to be a healthy and happy dog. Sadly the 3 dogs that I have met/been told (by their ''owners") who have come from such stores all had physical or behavioural problems.

You have been honest about putting her on here and saying where she came from, I just hope you will appreciate that same honesty in the responses that you might get.

She is lush :wub: :wub:

I cant really comment where she came from cos I bought Henry from the free ads and I've never been in a place that sells puppies, but I can imagine what its like :(

If you ask Helly, I'm sure she buys Supadog Sensitive for the guys at the kennels (the dogs, not the staff). She might be able to tell you how much it is? :)

Oh dear :(

I am sure that you feel *bad* about the negatives of the decision you made today; yes, you have a gorgeous new puppy, who I hope grows into a healthy companion for you in years to come - but the joy you are feeling is no doubt tainted with the guilt of supporting a trade that you have campaigned against in the past :mecry:

You are not alone; thousands of people have succumbed to the sophisticated marketing techniques that are employed by these companies and bought a pet from a store, even though they know that they are ultimately supporting a cruel and heartless trade :glare:

These stores spend hundreds of thousands a year on marketing; it is a rare person who does not find themselves influenced once they are subjected to it - imo it is far better not to be faced with temptation.

Daisy is a very sweet looking pup who seems to have landed on her paws with you

I don't have rescue dogs because I would fail me for the homecheck due to fences under 6 foot - I have a 5 acre garden and 8 acres of woods but have 2 Pedigree dogs jazz a 15y.o JRT very like daisy and 2 Border Collies Sky came from a breeder he is an Astra dog but had a heart murmer and Sunny came from a farm

I do however have cats all 43 of them - I do a lot of feral rescuing and my dogs have to fit in with the cats - Jazz thinks she is a cat and both BC's have been clawed - they now leave the cats alone and round each other up.

So whilst not an ideal start in life she now has a secure home with someone who loves and wants her so perhaps we shouldn't all be judging the situation

so harshly - A rescue dog wouldn't work for us due to fences and chasing smaller animals also we have sheep and cattle in the fields and whilst both collies have looked no one has touched but I would happily put them in a pen with a ewe to loose interest I did it with my Staffy and he never looked again!