UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Some Bad News About Ollie

Tempest

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jules - Previcox is a NSAID - of the Cox 2 inhibitor sort. They were a wonder drug for me when my psoriatic arthritis caused me to have to give up work. I went from being in constant pain to being able to hop, skip and jump about again. I sincerely hope that they have the same effect for Ollie. I really hope that he tolerates them as well as I did, although I was lucky the human equivalent of metacam (meloxicam) never upset me but they just stopped working.

Huge hugs and I hope Chris enjoys his birthday now that Ollie is feeling a little better

Well he seems quite bright this morning which is excellent news - is moving around the house ok and seems quite perky :wink: He's had another tablet with his brekkie so really hoping that they seem to be doing the trick.

He's had a couple of falls again this morning where his back legs just give way so we're going to try and get a bigger rug for the lounge so there's less laminate for him to walk on as I don't think that helps :unsure:

We've got enough meds until Tuesday and then I need to speak to the vet again - I know with the metacam it took a few days for the sickness to start so I guess its a case of waiting to see if these stay down okay really.

And lots more :wub: :wub: :wub: and positive thoughts being sent from me too! Jules, have you got any more piccies of Ollie that we can go "oooohhhh" and "aaaahhhh" over? It feels like I've not seen him for aaaages!!

And please give him another gentle cuddle from me, he is one of my very fav Refuge dogs :wub: