UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Gardening Fred 2009

ClazUK

Here is our little veggie plot at the top of the garden. OH did a fab job digging it over as it was full of weeds and was really heavy clay.

york025.jpg

And view from the bottom corner

york022.jpg

Couple of the new pots I bought and planted up.

testpics007.jpg

testpics003.jpg

Edited by safneo

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is our little veggie plot at the top of the garden. OH did a fab job digging it over as it was full of weeds and was really heavy clay.

york025.jpg

And view from the bottom corner

york022.jpg

Couple of the new pots I bought and planted up.

york022.jpg

york022.jpg

That looks great, what veggies are you growing?

Lea how come your chooks dont flutter over the fences? Ours were always in next doors and our fences were higher than that. x

Arrrr well their wings have been clipped, but I need to keep an eye on Tilly because she moulted over winter and she can flap quite high. Problem is I didn't clip their wings so will have to learn. Having said that they really don't seemed bothered about escaping they are quite happy in the garden. They are shut in the run whilst we are at work though, so only allowed out when we are about to keep an eye on them

Few pics of how my garden is doing:

My garden behind an aquilegia bud and a dewdrop:

P1090049.jpg

One of the 1000 bluebells we planted last year:

P1090053.jpg

'nother bluebell with a View behind it. And some hyacynths.

normal_P1090055.jpg

Path to the composters:

normal_P1090058.jpg

Camassias. I do like camassias, they are so easy. The clump could probably do with splitting this year.

normal_P1090061.jpg

Mark showing suitable appreciation for one of my superb radishes. Radishes are SO easy to grow, I don't know why I haven't done them before. And so quick!

P1090086.jpg

Camassias. I do like camassias, they are so easy. The clump could probably do with splitting this year.

normal_P1090061.jpg

Never heard of camassias but that is one good looking plant. Are they a type of lily?

My little terrace is coming on okay.

My Clematis montana is romping away and about to be covered in flowers :biggrin:

gardenapril091.jpg

The acer the previous owner left behind :wacko: is looking fabulous

gardenapril094.jpg

Veg Corner is coming along, with potatoes in the big sack, carrots in the little one, two types of cabbage and my purple sprouting brocoli in the greenhouse has germinated :biggrin:

gardenapril092.jpg

and......today we ate our first veg from our own garden :elefant: lovely lovely cabbage

gardenapril093.jpg

Andrea - your garden is lovely and your veg patch looks great :biggrin:

Mark showing suitable appreciation for one of my superb radishes. Radishes are SO easy to grow, I don't know why I haven't done them before. And so quick!

P1090086.jpg

That is a fantastic specimen - the radish obviously :biggrin: I do love your garden, Victoria :wub:

Your terrace garden is looking rather special too, Abby :biggrin:

Never heard of camassias but that is one good looking plant. Are they a type of lily?

They are a North American plant: some varieties have a root that was used as food by the native americans, apparently. I didn't know about the family, but Wikipedia thinks they are a relative of the Agave.

Not sure they would be ideal for your terrace garden as they are quite large and like a fairly damp soil: not sure how they would do in an exposed position in a pot, though you could always try. Although they do look fab when they are flowering, they are very much a one-shot deal, so possibly not great value if you are pushed for space. They do naturalise well though so if there are any weedy bits near the pub you could probably pop them in and leave them to do their own thing. :biggrin:

Andrea - your garden is lovely and your veg patch looks great :biggrin:

Thank you. :flowers:

Victoria, that is indeed an impressive radish! :biggrin:

Julia, wow thats huge and.................... pink! :laugh: Can we have a close up photo please? :biggrin:

wow that is brilliant, I was pleased with mine looking like this

intheardenmay22009015.jpg

but it looks pathetic next to yours !!

my cherry tree has blossom on it for the first time,this is its 2nd year

intheardenmay22009022.jpg

my Red Robin is doing really well,we are hoping that the big ones will hide the back fence eventually

intheardenmay22009021.jpg

this looks pretty, I think its an Acer

intheardenmay22009019.jpg

the Broom has grown and flowered. I didn't think it would as Pixi has dug it up twice !!

intheardenmay22009017.jpg

I love this but I dont know what it is. I have 3 diffeent coloured ones but this peach/orange is my favourite

intheardenmay22009016.jpg

I am so pleased that I have some flowers this year. x

this looks pretty, I think its an Acer

intheardenmay22009019.jpg

That looks like Pieris

I love this but I dont know what it is. I have 3 diffeent coloured ones but this peach/orange is my favourite

intheardenmay22009016.jpg

That is an Azalea

I am so pleased that I have some flowers this year. x