UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Blind Dates

Jazz

I've been on one, where my mate from uni tried to set me up with a one of her boyfriend's friends. Needless to say I spent all night chatting to my friend, and he spent all night chatting to his friend!!! We didn't see each other again!

My mum and dad on the other hand, they were a blind date, and have been married for nearly 29 years!!!

I went on one, way back when. Friend of a friend.

I was bored witless but was ever so polite and nice.

The bloke had a minor nervous breakdown as a result of going out with me :wacko: And I didn't do anything, honest! This was in fact the problem. He was used to women hurling themselves at him, possibly because he was a billionaire from the upper ranks of USA society. He couldn't cope with someone who didn't fancy him and went back into therapy.

I have avoided blind dates ever since. Obviously I drive men crazy :laugh:

I've been on several. If you don't expect anything and see it as a bit of a laugh and a night out it can be great fun. I wasn't looking for a relationship at the time or a boyfriend particularly. It was more to do with meeting different people and getting out more. I was always careful where I met up with them and to go to busy places incase they turned out to be nutters. I actually went out with a few from newspaper ads.

I'm married to a chap who my friend knew. Neither of us were looking for a relationship. He wanted to go to a race track but didn't fancy driving all the way to Donington Park on his own. I kept telling this person I really wanted to go to a race track but wouldn't go on my own full stop. So she put us in touch with each other. I went with him because I trusted him as my colleague at work knew him very well. We hit it off big time. My friend was most upset and actually said that wasn't supposed to happen. We think she was jealous, despite being married herself. She had a thing for Martyn.

Not exactley a blind date, we met through Teletext 1-2-1, exchanged letters and phone calls for about 4 weeks, he came to see me the weekend before Christmas 1993 (after I'd got the go ahead from some mutual friends), he asked me to marry him the next time we met - New Years eve 1993, he moved in Feb 1994 and we've been together ever since. Not married, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it!