UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Should Be In Bed.......

Fee

I think I've worked out where she lives now - it's a block of flats with a little green outside. I suspect she must have been let out for a last wee on her own and wandered off. Her owner said she was senile, and it was obvious she was blind, she kept bumping into things :mecry:

Quite apart from the danger and distress to her, a dog hobbling down the middle of a main road on a dark foggy night could cause a horrible accident. Poor old thing, I can't get her off my mind today :(

:( Poor old girl....

At her age and condition surely they could be a bit more vigilant if they know she is prone to "wandering Off"...once could be deemed a mistake but for it to happen again is just sheer lack of care :angry:

She surely deserves so much better, thank god you found her Fiona.

Honestly!

I had a 16 1/2 year old dog who went to the bridge last year - she was deaf and part blind and was confused toward the end - she was always on a flexi when outside in the dark.

My present oldie is 16 and she is deaf and part blind - she gets worried in the dark as obviously it's much harder for her to distinguish things then - she doesn't bump into things but can wander off in the wrong direction if she isn't aware of which way I've gone. She feels much more secure on a flexi in the dark although we only do a little local walk then.

Probably owner couldn't be bothered to go out with dog last thing at night and she got lost! :mecry: Wonder whether he'd get lost in the dark if he was deaf and blind! And as for dog "going off to die" I've never heard such twaddle :crying_anim: Yeh like - under a bus! :mad:

Has he never heard of caring for older animals?

Dog warden needs to go and have a word with him and make him aware of his responsibilities to this dog.

I think the kidnappings a better idea!! She's probably devoted to her owner and was distressed at being lost - not to mention how bl**dy freezing it's been lately. I worry if mine's out too long in the garden (very secure I promise) in case she gets a chill. And as for "wandering off to die" - codswallop and balderdash (good old fashioned words)!!!! :mad: Hope the poor thing is ok.