UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

First Day Teaching Tomorrow And I'm Soooooo Scared!

Tempest

I had a call from the supply agency today and I've got my first supply job tomorrow/Wednesday at a local primary school :ohmy:

I've not taught in school since 2002 and I'm secondary trained so don't know much at all about primary but thankfully all the work is going to be set.

The agency said that its quite a 'tough' school (I've got year 6) and that I need to be firm as soon as I go in :ohmy: Not quite what I was hoping to hear on my first assignment!!

Plus I teach my adult community learning course tuesday night so I'll have about an hour at home then need to go and teach another 2.5 hour session :ohmy:

Am quite looking forward to getting the next 48 hours over with now :laugh:

Good luck.

I would reccomend making a seating plan after telling the kids to sit in their usual places (this usually catches them out, because they like to rearrange themselves to sit next to a friend). If you know their names you have the power!! I always tell them my rules - be polite, no messing around etc. I also find out the rules and rewards which are used in the class.

(I had a call at 8.00 this morning for today, so had to abandon my plans for a day on my own.)