UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jasmine,surrogate Mum

zico's mum

It's a lovely story, I just hope that the deer won't end up being too confident with either humans or dogs, coz that could kill her some day :( (having volunteered at a wildlife rescue, we were always told not to 'tame' any wildlife because that would make the animal's life a lot more difficult later on, if it had lost its natural fear of humans :unsure:)

It's a lovely story about her, what an amazing hound :wub:

Shame this quote is in there from the owner of the sanctuary :(

'It is quite amazing, particularly as she is a greyhound breed and they are usually quite aggressive, That is why they are used for racing.

i have dealt with geoff on several occassions. he is a brilliant man always at the end of a phone when you need him and always incrediably grateful for any blankets etc we take him, i bypass the rspca now as thats where they send our collections to.

I suspect the owner of the sanctuary may have used a phrase like 'high prey drive' - the journalist probably decided that his readers wouldn't understand what that meant (possibly didnt' really understand it himself) so swapped in the word 'aggressive' which of course means something quite different to anyone who is used to talking about animal behaviour.

It's a lovely story though.

It's a lovely story, I just hope that the deer won't end up being too confident with either humans or dogs, coz that could kill her some day :( (having volunteered at a wildlife rescue, we were always told not to 'tame' any wildlife because that would make the animal's life a lot more difficult later on, if it had lost its natural fear of humans :unsure:)

hopefully they will keep the deer as they have now ruined its chances of survival in the wild.

I suspect the owner of the sanctuary may have used a phrase like 'high prey drive' - the journalist probably decided that his readers wouldn't understand what that meant (possibly didnt' really understand it himself) so swapped in the word 'aggressive' which of course means something quite different to anyone who is used to talking about animal behaviour.

It's a lovely story though.

that's whhat i thought.