UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Lurgy Thread

Spins4me

I seem to be ok (so far!) but my OH is complaining of aching legs...started with his toes, and seems to be moving up! aching shoulders, a headache that won't shift, and general feeling of exhaustion. He's not really got a cough or anything..just this extreme tiredness and aching. Very odd.

Hope you soon get back to full fitness :GroupHug:

I seem to be ok (so far!) but my OH is complaining of aching legs...started with his toes, and seems to be moving up! aching shoulders, a headache that won't shift, and general feeling of exhaustion. He's not really got a cough or anything..just this extreme tiredness and aching. Very odd.

Hope you soon get back to full fitness :GroupHug:

Thank you! I think the aching is very common - even my teeth ached! Hope he's better soon and hope you don't get it. It's not inevitable - my OH hasn't had it.

My son went down with it on the 15th Dec and only got out of bed on the 27th or 28th dec. He never ate for day's and when he did it was only a couple of satsumas and then progressed to salads. He did drink gallons upon gallons of cold water just to try and ease his throat and the constant cough. He has now more or less recovered but we think that he has either pulled his chest muscles or cracked a rib with coughing.

No miracle cure to share with you I'm afraid it just had to run it's course but I do wish you better health VERY soon. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Thank you! I think the aching is very common - even my teeth ached! Hope he's better soon and hope you don't get it. It's not inevitable - my OH hasn't had it.

aching teeth can be caused by blocked sinuses, just incase cause you can relieve blocked sinuses...the most effective way I have found is through reflexology bizarrely enough...involves pressing the padded bit of your toes...if you google it you'll see what i mean *this does not replace medicinely advice*

Hope you are on the road to recovery :flowers:

aching teeth can be caused by blocked sinuses, just incase cause you can relieve blocked sinuses...the most effective way I have found is through reflexology bizarrely enough...involves pressing the padded bit of your toes...if you google it you'll see what i mean *this does not replace medicinely advice*

Hope you are on the road to recovery :flowers:

A horrid cold that appeared yesterday. I've sneezed approximately 9647235 times. I've been off my food for a few days, don't feel like eating and it all tastes the same. Likyoor chocolates are deemed appropriate though. I haven't slept much these past two nights and when I got up this morning everything aches. I've just consumed the last Lemsip in the house, I've run out of tea bags so I expect Mr Hazell to go fetch some for me.

I have been lurgyfied since christmas eve. I spent all chriatmas and boxing day sleeping and I am still worn our. I could sleep for England. I don't feel sick anymore and don't ache. Just feel like a very well wrung out dish cloth. It was bronchitus the dr tells me and I am still coughing like a good 'un

Bsrbara

Backache like I'd been whacked with a baseball bat round the kidneys.Still not completely gone.

High temperature,still goes up some evenings even after 3 weeks.

Nausea,complete loss of appetite,I still have to make myself eat properly as I have no appetite whatsoever.

Headaches.Horrible ones.

The backache spread round to my tummy as the days went on and I had awful tummy ache but that's gone now.

I think those were my worst symptoms.I still feel knackered and have to sit down all the damn time but I'm going to go back to work on monday and see how I get on.

A horrid cold that appeared yesterday. I've sneezed approximately 9647235 times. I've been off my food for a few days, don't feel like eating and it all tastes the same. Likyoor chocolates are deemed appropriate though. I haven't slept much these past two nights and when I got up this morning everything aches. I've just consumed the last Lemsip in the house, I've run out of tea bags so I expect Mr Hazell to go fetch some for me.

I've now started coughing. Alot. Woe is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

the exhaustion,headaches,pain,aches in limbs,joints and muscles,giddiness and lack of co ordination with fuzzy head are what you have all the time with CFS/M.E (which is just a virus that attacked the body but stayed there) so I am used to all those symptoms on a daily basis,.. The one that got me was the hacking cough and rib/chest pains from coughing. x

the exhaustion,headaches,pain,aches in limbs,joints and muscles,giddiness and lack of co ordination with fuzzy head are what you have all the time with CFS/M.E (which is just a virus that attacked the body but stayed there) so I am used to all those symptoms on a daily basis,.. The one that got me was the hacking cough and rib/chest pains from coughing. x

EEEK! :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

And I thought I had cause to feel sorry for myself.

After waiting for half n hour in the freezing cold for a bus to work on New Years Eve morning, I came down with a cold. Since then I've felt like I have been hit and kicked all over. Very very nasty cough which won't shift. Feel sick each time I cough and feel like can't breathe when coughing. Have spent the last three 3 days in bed with two duvets and a fleece on (plus four cats) and have still been shivering but my face was boiling :wacko: The cats have had their uses by trying to keep me warm but I wasn't impressed when Max decided to knock the bedsise cabinet over at 2.30am on Saturday! Haven't been able to sleep at night so was watching some DVDs in bed when he attacked the lamp and pulled everything else over. If they are not doing that, I have getting screamed at for not feeding them NOW or being jumped on when they are play fighting. Poor Suki is being very understanding at the fact she is getting much reduced walks at the moment.