UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone In Carmarthenshire - Please Help

loobie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One problem is that a wood which is a very likely place for him to be is on private land, with a permissive footpath but a strict No Dogs rule. I can't find anything in woodland without my spotted sidekick.

I would be very very careful releasing whispa because the reason there is a no dog rule is because of shooting rights and game birds.

Trust me the hunting and shooting fraternity wont be quite so friendly when their income is affected by a large lurcher or a pointer cross disturbing game birds and moving them on.

Absolutely, I understand that. I would never work Wispa on private land without permission of the landowner. No way do I want either to upset landowners or put my dog at risk.

That is why this is being handled by local people who know those concerned. I'm not barging in and upsetting people to whom I am a complete outsider.

Absolutely, I understand that. I would never work Wispa on private land without permission of the landowner. No way do I want either to upset landowners or put my dog at risk.

That is why this is being handled by local people who know those concerned. I'm not barging in and upsetting people to whom I am a complete outsider.

How about a little reward. Im happy to go a tenner.

It may appease the gamekeeper there to be more proactive in returning the Lurcher. The dog may have taken a straight line to Haverfordwest but if he is in the woods then you need someone who works in there twice a day to be helping.

Ah, so the Carol she has mentioned must be the Dumpledale one! Excellent.

No, it's another Carol who lives nearby (which gets very confusing at the best of times! :wacko: ) Now, I have seen her this evening and she tells me the Huntmaster yesterday, made a huge announcement several times for riders to keep their eye out.

She's also going to speak to someone else and I can't for the life of me remember now who she said it was :wacko: (due to the wine! :unsure: ) but I will clarify with her ......

She has also spoken to numerous other people who farm/live in the area, over the xmas period who are, in addition to all those she rang round earlier last week.

I told her that as far as I was aware there had been no sightings and she did say, there are loads and loads of empty barns he can find shelter and no-one would even know, and of course plenty of rabbits etc for food ..... which I would think makes it all the more difficult re sighting him :( - he literally could be anywhere and easily lose himself ........

Phebe - i'm tied up this end tomorrow but will hopefully get to speak to you on Wednesday!

Sandra :)