UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Bit Of A Red Letter Day For Vena

elricc

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She had the biggest naugtiest smile on her face ever, we tried to take her to an enclosed field, but she was terrified and just laid down and shook. She likes the beach becasue she can look for miles around her.

I looked at her diary a few months back and it made me really cry, she has come such a long way

Just adding little snippets from her diary that make me cry

So I have had a bit of a set back but, I can't be perfect, no one can. The good thing is that nobody expects me to be, they still hold me tight and kiss me and rub special moisturiser into my skin and tail. They tell me again and again that you don't throw something away just because its a little broken and that I am part of the family for good, it doesn't matter if I don't get any braver, they love me for what I am.

So I have less to tell you really, I am becoming more of a "normal" dog (as much as any dog is normal in this house) I still like me food, I am a bit worried about taking food and still eat all the leftovers and scraps. I haven't gone outside yet, but I am enjoying barking with Benj at the back gate, so I know there is more out there. I am getting better at drinking out of the big bowl, I don't have to be reminded so much. Little steps I keep reminding myself and I am getting better at forgetting the past. I know the people love me for the dog I am and will be, not becasue of feeling sorry for me or pity. They could see the little glimpses of what I will be, I won't let them down I will get there in the end.

So I am still going from strength to strength, I have off days but I get by. I am just happy being me, which is as good as it gets.

So I have had a bit of a set back but, I can't be perfect, no one can. The good thing is that nobody expects me to be, they still hold me tight and kiss me and rub special moisturiser into my skin and tail. They tell me again and again that you don't throw something away just because its a little broken and that I am part of the family for good, it doesn't matter if I don't get any braver, they love me for what I am.

Waaagh, stop it, I've got something in my eye again :mecry: :wub:

I just wish all the Venas in the world could be as lucky :(

Well, I have tears in my eyes after reading Vena's story. She really is a very special girl and I really hope that in two years time Vena will be where Chloe is now. She has been with me 3 1/2 years and has only really settled and become what I call a nearly normal dog in the last two months. She still gets very frightened and spooky and won't go near anyone she doesn't know but she is happier in herself. She actually played with another dog a couple of weeks ago and that is the first time I have seen her play.

Vena is lucky to have found you and i wish her all the happiness in the world in the future.

Anne