UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Bit Of A Red Letter Day For Vena

elricc

As many of you know Vena is very very speshul, and will never be like another dog, but she has something that she would like to tell you all.........

I have been getting better and better, still do the mad barking at things that scare especially if they come near my house. Still get worried about men, and won't let people near me,except mum and dad and their friend christine. I can sit on the sofa the same as the other dogs and don't hurt myself when I have to run away from things that scare me indoors.

So today I was doing my normal walk on the beach with my family, I was with dad on the lead , cos I am used to that now and mum went running off, and dad stood still.

Then I felt my lead go all loose and I heard a click and someone shoved me a little. I went to walk and then .....

I did run and run and run and jump and shout and twist and nip the other dogs.

Mum and dad did trust me as there were no people or dogs for miles, They called me and I ignored them and they paniced , but I ran around with Josh , Benj and Peg and went back when they did. Mum said we will practice with salami now, this coming back thing,

SO now I am a normal dog.

and mum and dad did give me lots of cuddles and kisses and had the wet stuff on their faces

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh very well done Vena and your special mum and dad. I know that feeling when you finally feel you are getting somewhere with a very troubled dog. It has taken 3 years to get our special girl Chloe to stop barking and growling at strangers and being terrified of life, but she has got there and so will Vena.

Have a lovely Christmas Vena and you make sure that pocket has an endless supply of salami and beefburgers and that you always go check it out. One day, you will find that strangers pockets also contain salami and beefburger and then there will be no stopping you.

Anne