UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Could I Please Have Good Thoughts For Susie *another Update: Rushed Back To Vets*

doggy.lover

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been thinking. Would she be best having a few days in the vets just till it starts to heal. :wub:

I think that would probably stress her out more and make her wriggle and restless which I think is when they are coming undone.

Our sofa has loose cushions and susie frequently gets stuck down the back when she is roaching so we have blocked that sofa off and left her her own sofa which is solid cushion to sleep on.

Fingers crossed, that, combined with letting her out the front garden instead of the back (which has several steps) the stitches are still in place this morning :thumbsup_still:

She has a check up appointment with the vet who operated tomorrow so hopefully the stitches will stay in til then

She's back home..again.. hopefully this is the last time. The vet has stitched the wound again but said if it splits this time it can't be stitched again and will have to close over naturally :(

When Maddie my Saluki girl ripped her leg open she was stitched up twice and both times the wound split open again due to typical pointy thin skin. In the end my vet did a living skin graft, taking a piece of skin from her belly, leaving it attached at one end, turning it round and stitching it down her leg to cover the gaping hole left from the wound. This healed fantastically and fast because it took all the pressure off the stitches and the blood supply was still in tact to the graft because it was still attached at one end where it came from. Maybe if Susie's wound opens again it could be something that your vet would consider, give me a shout if that makes no sense!!! The only thing it has left Maddie with is nipples down her leg cos of where the graft was taken from!!!