UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2 Job Offers

janeddie

Well as you are aware, I have been offered a job within the NHS. CRB check came back last Friday and I also passed my medical, so am just awaiting the "Unconditional" offer through the post ... so all well and good there.

Then ..

This morning had a phone call from my Agency. Before coming temping to the Council, I temped for 2 weeks for an Engineering Company based in a portakabin on a Farm, which was heaven, surrounded by cats, horses, dogs, etc., and I absolutely loved it. 5 mins from home, no traffic hassle, no parking to consider, I just really loved the people and the job.

Problem ... the young girl working with them discovered she was pregnant and has now decided she will not be coming back because they cannot agree conditions.

The lady who owns the engineering company wants me to go and join them and has offered to match whatever the NHS is paying me.

So, do I go with the NHS, which would probably be "safer" and better prospects etc., although traffic, hassle and parking problems and "suited" each day or do I go with the farm, jeans, probably not so safe, close to home etc., and fits in better i.e. could drop Harry off at school and still get to work for 9am?

As soon as I get the NHS offer, I have to ring my Agency and let them know the actual terms of the post etc.

Sorry but just needed to ask what people think? I know it is ultimately my decision but any ideas wise ones?

Jan

x

I just really loved the people and the job.

I think everyone would be thrilled to say they have a job like that, that would make the decision for me, plus the location, being able to drop your son off, the animals around you at work etc.

Sometimes safe is good, sometimes you have to follow your heart :flowers:

I'd ask the engineering company what their realistic prospects are for the future, so far as they can tell. If they are really such nice people, they won't let you take a job when they know quite well that in 3, 6 or 9 months they will be closing down, or downsizing and making you redundant. If they are confident..I'd go for that one.

Personally I'd take the job with the most security - for me that would be the NHS. Times are hard for engineering companies at the moment, and it's only going to get worse next year. *Small* engineering companies are by far the most at risk

Personally I'd take the job with the most security - for me that would be the NHS. Times are hard for engineering companies at the moment, and it's only going to get worse next year. *Small* engineering companies are by far the most at risk

I have just been speaking with a friend and her mother has worked for the NHS for 40 years and she says I would be a fool not to go with the NHS with regards to the perks and security etc., in this current economic climate. Think I am now leaning more towards the NHS .. thanks for your input :)