UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

Martyn has decided he's going shopping tonight and ASDA shuts at midnight so he'll be going soon.

if he prefers to go later, send him to westbrook. its a 24/7 store :flowers: possibly slightly nearer and also 24/7 is the huge tesco by the wolves ground

i am controlling my hot/cold dizzy spells very effectively with vodka. I have no idea what is making me feel a tad wobbly and I no longer care :laugh:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moonshine may reappear in spring as Ive several pine doors to strip.

:biglaugh:

Abby :GroupHug:

On a slightly less serious note, I have had a swig of Drambuie, literally a small mouthful (cos I only have a small mouth) - my word it's strong and warming! I suspect if we have a small glass each night each, we could save on heating bills :unsure:

:biglaugh:

:partytime: I am off work now until next Tuesday night. I had a carp evening at work though :sad02: Had a phonecall to say our shop in Headington had been robbed. I hope the staff are ok. Anyway it brought concerns about our own safety to the fore, things are happening that shouldn't and myself and my manager are about to make a heck of a fuss about it until we are properly looked after. I was working on my own tonight and my friend Cookie refused to leave me. He is a star. He was glad of the company though because his nan died on Sunday. She'd been ill in hospital for a week and I'd been really hoping she'd pull through and be with him at Christmas :mecry: My friend Jasmin came in with a Christmas present for me :biggrin: They are my only friends in Faringdon so it was nice to see them both.

:GroupHug: for so many sick - here, family and friends.

Mam rang me when she got home from the funeral (it was her brother that passed away). She told me something that really made me cry. Two other brothers, Liam and Basil, have also passed away. Their mother passed away nearly 18 years ago (three weeks to the day after my father).

As Robert was getting weaker his wife and children were all around him and they had a candle lit in the room. He whispered Oh I see Basil now. One of the family noticed that the flame on the candle had split in two and nudged the person beside them so they would see it too. They all saw it. Then Robert said And there's Liam and Mother also. He died very peacefully a few minutes later and the flame went back to one!! What a special memory to have.

Another thing Mam told me that I find a bit spooky. She has a little photo of my Dad in a frame on her mantlepiece. This photo has been there since he died and has never budged. When she came home, it had fallen over!!!! She lives on her own and has no furries. It was nowhere near a draught and the little stand on the frame is not broken. I can't explain it anyway except that it was Dad's way of sending her a message that he was thinking of her.

I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you and thank you all again for your kind words

My friend has text to me to say shes pregnant. Am v excited but it means things are getting a bit grown up and serious around here :laugh:

Congratulations to your friend :flowers:

Got a Christmas Card today from a friend I don't have much contact with just now cos we're so far apart, but who is absolutely lovely. She has breast cancer which has spread to her lymph nodes. She's had 2 operations and is on chemo and radiotherapy. :mecry:

She's only young and has a little boy they tried for over 10 years to have.

:GroupHug:

On a slightly less serious note, I have had a swig of Drambuie, literally a small mouthful (cos I only have a small mouth) - my word it's strong and warming! I suspect if we have a small glass each night each, we could save on heating bills :unsure:

:laugh:

My internal thermostat is well and truly buggered.I seem to vary between shivering and teeth chattering one minute to sweating pig the next.Glamorous picture I'm painting eh?

:flowers:

All better here, Wispa back to normal. Or what passes for normal :laugh: Polly has got the hang of recall to whistle if blown very loud.

Glad Wispa is back to normal :biggrin: Cherry comes back to a loud whistle too, she hears it even when she's galloping off at 100mph! :huh:

:GroupHug: Mags

I went to be and fell asleep, but was wide awake after only half an hour! :angry: Decided to get up and wrap Christmas presents that I've bought today, but i've made a cup of tea and come on here instead :rolleyes:

Today just gets worse :mecry:

Friends have decided - and I completely agree with them - that they have to rehome their dog :mecry: She never should have been rehomed to them in the first place and they have done absolutely everything they possibly could to work through her issues - but they are first time dog owners and they are not the right home for her :mecry:

I feel so angry with the rescue involved who completely let them and the dog down on this occasion, and also so desperately sorry for what they are now going to go through. They don't know when they can get a rescue space for the dog (they will not send her back to where she came from) and in the meantime they are in a limbo that means no visitors to the house and no visiting other people, constantly on watch.

It's heartbreaking :mecry:

There were a couple of bits that were sold out so Martyn has got to go back tomorrow. I told him not to worry too much and just get the essentials. It's only 2 days and we've got Christmas dinner.

Yes, we have one branch of Tesco here that will be open Boxing day :wacko:

I'm am feeling tired now so i think I'll go to bed as I need to get up early :rolleyes:

Nite Michelle, and anyone else still awake. :flowers:

Edited by houndzrus