UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Celebrating Her Life, Sammy Cat Aged 22

Cafferysmum

100_0263-1.jpg

Dear Samantha, (Sammy)

Seems only yesterday I was cycling down the road in Sale to pick you and James your Brother from the rescue aged 6 months, you both were stunning black short haired cats.. and we became best friends..

Was laughing today how one Christmas after finishing in the police, you kindly walked through the window and dropped a mouse on my Christmas Dinner... We have been through so much together good and bad times, and you have always been their.

James left for the Bridge with Lymphoma last year and Rosie Buttons with Breast Cancer just over 4 weeks ago, and you stayed with us through some of our worst times in our life... This time James wanted his sister back.

We had you on speical food from vets to plump you up, but it didnt work, and you had a little fall on Tuesday morning and we are sure you lost some of your sight, but you were telling me the night before James was calling you and we had rang the vet on standby and had the crem appt ready..

My worst fear was in case they didnt get a vein and it went into your heart, but Sammy as normal their was no need to worry, you picked up a bit yesterday but later in the evening you were slowly going, I managed to get a bit of painkiller into your mouth, but you been Sammy still had the energy to spit it out...

Shortly after you decided it was time to go and meet your brother, we held you and told you we loved you and that it was time for you to go and find James and Rosie and it was ok to go... All your doggy brothers and sisters said goodbye and Marmite the kitten and Devil Cat sat next to you most of the night, perhaps they making sure you passage to rainbow bridge was safe...

We wrapped you in your lovely pink blanket today and I stroked you, and placed you in your basket for the last time... We took you and James ashes to the pet crem and you both are now together in a new casket side by side as you were in your life...

Stay by my side my beauty, and we will always remember you and miss you, you had a great achievement of getting to 22 many cats dont get that chance.

Lots of Love, mum and dad and caff and puds and lottie and fern and millie and maddoch and badger the dogs and fliss, floss and danny the 3 week old puppies who loved you and you loved to sit and watch them, also the fish and hamster and especial Devil Cat and Marmite the kitten who cuddled up with you...

Safe journey sweetheart :mecry: Run Free at the Bridge Sammy, :)

Dont be sad, she had the perfect ending to a perfect life and we are so happy she chose to go to the bridge at home with us :wub:

We cried last night, but today very calm and happy knowing she is safe and at the bridge with our other bridge babies :GroupHug:

And we had a perfect day today, when we went to have her cremated their is a little estate their all with arts and crafts and antiques and we walked round those instead of mourning at the crem place....

Lovely cat, does feel a bit weird no crying for milk, James was a guzzler for milk and so was Sammy lol, and will miss her pawing me while i work at night and me saying get yer claws in Sammy :laugh: :laugh:

I feel strangely calm with the passing of Sammy, maybe its because we knew her time was near and she was a grand old lady of 22 and it was weird working last night with out her sitting behind me or pawing me and me saying get yer flipping claws in girl... I think after our awful few weeks, I was happy for Sam to go and she was happy to go and meet her brother...

You will be having one hell of a christmas up their sam james and rosie, but we have our candles ready and you will still be a part of our celebrations at christmas..... :wub:

• 2 weeks later...