UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wet Nights

Lydford

My wonderful oldie Spike, who is 13-14ish has started to have a few problems at night resulting in a wet bed (Not often, just now and again)...does anyone know of a waterproof cover I could buy that would fit around his 'mattress' in his dog bed and which I could then put his ordinary zip up cover on top...similar to childrens bed protection covers.

I can find protection pads but nothing that fits around the whole mattress.

Thank you :flowers:

Another idea that I'm going to get around to doing (I really am one day!) - because Flora sometimes leaks when she's asleep - is to make waterproof covers out of shower curtains (the value ones would be good enough) and to put those on under normal covers :flowers:

I think I'll be going the bin bag route until I get organised enough to sew the shower curtains though...

A cheap way of doing it would be to put the mattress inside bin bags, the super sized ones you can get. When Poppy was leaky, I put the sofa seat cushions inside bin bags and then the normal covers back on top and that worked well :wink:

I did that for Sweetie too as she had a few accidents. I just covered the big cushion on the armchair she slept on with the bin bag and then put a towel and then a blanket (which can be easily washed) over the top to make it cosier for her.

Hi everyone...thankyou for all your suggestions.

I did try the bin bag but it all rustled and crinkled so much when he was getting up and turning round that I dont think he was getting much sleep!!!...and to be honest it was quite funny...he had that look on his face that said, 'What the.......has happened to my bed!' :crying:

Maybe I just need to find some different bin bags, which aren't so cheap and nasty!...but will have a look at the waterproof covers on the sites sugested.

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Lydford

I used the pampers cot sheets when Holly was incontinent and they were fantastic although they are a bit pricey but she was used to sleeping on my bed and was very distressed when I tried to make her sleep in her own bed over night. I used to sticky tape them in place.

I'm sure TRPD used to do waterproof covers, though I don't know if they have any available or whether the size would be suitable. They also did waterproof backed "mats" in differing sizes.

Vet bed is also meant to be good at draining any liquid from where the dog touches the bedding and holding it underneath (I think) but I'm not sure how that would work with the present bedding you have.