UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Time To Come Clean :-(

tegk68

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helen,

It would be hypocritical of me to jump for joy at the fact you've bought a puppy because for me personally its not something that I would do though I'm sure he's adorable and would love to see pics :)

What does being a Gamekeeper involve? I'm sure you'll excel at it.

Welcome back and I do sincerely hope you stick around :flowers: :flowers:

Its due to the gamekeepers of the country that we actually have a countryside imo.

Welcome back Helen and do stay this time! How wonderful to have a new puppy, many moons ago I used to look after a working lab for my old boss, however, I do have to say he was very norty and was often seen running up hills in the distance in Scotland instead of doing his job. :laugh:

Hello, nice to see you here!

I got both my current working lab girls as puppies from gamekeeper homes and although I wouldn't do it again (have a puppy rather than get a dog from a gamekeeper) I certainly wouldn't complain about someone else getting a puppy or working as a gamekeeper.

Hope your new puppy turns out to be more of a Rosie type (she'd work all day) rather than a Lily type (scared of loud noises!).

good to have you back.

as a meat eater-id sooner have fresh caught pheasant etc then factory farmed meat...

and i used to work on the shoot when younger-i worked flatcoats

as for the pup-it will have a lovely life with you-isnt that what every dog deserves?

you do lots for rescue-so dont feel guilty-enjoy him

fee

Helen it sounds like you've found a job that slots in perfectly with your lifestyle and is going to be something that you really enjoy which is just fab (and in all honesty pretty rare I reckon) so well done you :wink:

Your new lad looks fantastic and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun in store with him :) Plus what an amazing opportunity for the dogs to be working and training and I'm sure they're loving it :wink:

many moons ago I used to look after a working lab for my old boss, however, I do have to say he was very norty and was often seen running up hills in the distance in Scotland instead of doing his job. :laugh:

must'e been quite a fit man, your old boss :rolleyes: :laugh:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: thanks for that Anne, has made my morning :flowers: