UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I'm An Idiot

Katiebob

Sue & I had a frantic phone call today from one of her ex-training class members. Her partner bought her a dog for a Mother's Day present as company for her existing staffy boy (dont' say what you're thinking cos I think it too!!). She was desperate to rehome the second dog - a collie x boy aged 11 months. She said he was brilliant with kids, great with other dogs.

The dogs (who are both entire) were fighting. Badly. Apparently her staffie was starting the fights and was going to do major damage to the youngster. I did resist, and resist, and resist. She said she had tried all the rescues and no-one could take him (unsurprisingly!). She said she would rather have him pts than let him go somewhere dispreputable :rolleyes:

To cut a long story very short, he's now here :unsure: :rolleyes: Like we need another dog :unsure: Anyway, he's a foster and I've spoken to Flukespad who will help us with the rehoming. Unsurprisingly, he's booked in to be neutered on Friday! What did surprise me rather was that when I booked him in, the receptionist said 'That isn't Taz, is it?' to which I replied in the affirmative. She had taken him to be pts yesterday but they persuaded her to have a re-think.

He's a nice boy, he really is. He's very bouncy but he's coping fine here. He doesn't look that much different from Willow, Sue's bc - and they're roughly the same age so they're having a ball :laugh: :laugh:

Please wish us luck with him and send a few good vibes for his castration on Friday. Pics tomorrow cos currently my camera is not playing!!

I did resist - he's now here . He's very bouncy

He doesn't look that much different from Willow, Sue's bc - and they're roughly the same age so they're having a ball :laugh: :laugh:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

( Happy Christmas....and I'll see you some time next year) :biggrin:

Never rains but it pours :mecry: I've been waiting to see whether a few rough collie puppies would be signed over to rescue for a while now. This evening we had the call! There are 3 :ohmy:

And where the hell am I going to put them? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: I must have been a really wicked witch in a former life :ohmy:

I've been waiting to see whether a few rough collie puppies would be signed over to rescue for a while now. This evening we had the call! There are 3 :ohmy:

Well, at least it's just the 3 and not all 7 :wink:

I am saying not another word (and I'm really not laughing either) :ph34r_anim:

Taz is back and is doing well :wub: He's whining a bit because he's a bit sore but otherwise he's doing fine :) Photos soon, I promise. Thank you for your good wishes for him. The vets are ecstatic too - they are sooooo happy that it all had a good outcome :laugh: Oh, and the other good news is that I've managed to find enough foster homes so we're trying to get the rough collie pups signed over tonight!! :liebe94:

Edited by Katiebob