UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dogs Banned From Swansea Docks

owl

Isn't he allowed to have whatever/whoever he wants on his own boat (within legal guidelines of course!).

The ban isn't on his boat though! He could move his boat to another dock (but, why should he?) The ban in on the docks!

I've emailed Matthew Kennerly, let's see if I get a response :unsure:

Edited by boosboss

The ban isn't on his boat though! He could move his boat to another dock (but, why should he?) The ban in on the docks!

I've emailed Matthew Kennerly, let's see if I get a response :unsure:

I sort of meant that it's not right that they can dictate what he can and cannot take to his boat - by banning dogs from the docks they're telling him he can't use his boat as he wants to... If that makes sense :wacko:

Can boats access international waters from the dock? If so, it could be to do with quarantine.

I know there signs up at some docks that any dogs found in the dock area will need to go into quarantine.

Also, a stray dog found in Leith docks( Edinburgh) was threatened with being pts as it would require to go into quarantine and who would pay?

Fortunatly, one of the security guards had seen it come into the dock from the town and caught it immediately. It was released to a rescue group.

Please note that loose and unattended animals are banned from the port estate at Swansea, for obvious health & safety reasons - it is clearly unacceptable for animals to be moving around in the area of a working port with a large number of vehicles. However, there is currently no objection to pets kept under control on a lead, or confined to a car or boat.

I trust this answers your question.

Matthew Kennerley

I've had a reply from Matthew Kennerley and things are (as often reported in the media :rolleyes: ) not quite as made out, I feel.

He's confirmed that loose and unattended animals are banned from the port estate at Swansea, for H&S reasons - ie you don't want animals moving around loose in a working port area with lots of vehicles.

He has also confirmed that there is no objection currently to pets kept under control on a lead or confined to a boat or car.

Sounds pretty darn reasonable to me! :)

Snap Joe!