UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bob- Trailhound

Sarah_H

Bob is looking for an understanding forever home.

I rehomed him with backing of LTW last year and unfortunately it hasn't worked out as the lady could no longer care for Bob.

Bob is a very affectionate dog, but he never settled when i moved from rural Wilts to Derby. He doesn't like meeting alot of people and dogs on walks, it stresses him, as does alot of traffic, noises and kids playing on the street. It started with Bob loosing weight and struggling to keep it on to then him fighting with my other dogs. These things never effected him before we moved and he really needs a rural home.

He is currently in kennels and today was playing with a 9 month old Doberman bitch so its not dogs he has an issue with its the stress of my house :mecry:

He needs a home who understands hounds, that he will eat anything put in front of him and it doesn't mean hes hungry, hes just greedy :wink:

And that if he gets a scent it might overtake his brain so he needs to be walked on a flexilead until he has been trained to come back to you, which given his motivation for food won't be too hard!

He likes two good walks a day but then likes to sleep, hes used to be left and let out for a wee at lunchtime if you work. And he likes to go to bed at 9pm, which in the winter can be a battle of wills to get him to go to the loo late at night. He also loves going cycling, as you can keep up with him running, he'll go for 10 miles when hes fit! So if theres any marathon runners needings a companion, this is your dog!

He is very much loved at the kennels and prospective home will be homechecked as per LTW requirements, semi-rural home, secure garden etc. And then you should go and meet Bob at the kennels to get to know him. As he can initially be nervous of men and needs some time and a walk to get to know you, if you carry treats he can be won over in about 15 mins!

He can pull on the lead with excitment and would benefit hugely from some obedience training. He is house trained, neutered, microchipped and vaccinated. He is 6 years old.

If you can offer Bob the home he deserves, please contact either myself or SallyAnn (Eileen) for more information. Bob is in Derbyshire currently.

DSC02884.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

DSC02874.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

:) He really is a lovely dog, just doesn't like living in a town environment, I had hoped he'd adapt even tried to sell my house and get a rural place but now its in negative equity :mecry:

I jsut want to do the right thing for Bob and my head says that he needs his own loving home.

But due to him being 6 now no one seems to want to give him that chance.

:) He really is a lovely dog, just doesn't like living in a town environment, I had hoped he'd adapt even tried to sell my house and get a rural place but now its in negative equity :mecry:

I jsut want to do the right thing for Bob and my head says that he needs his own loving home.

But due to him being 6 now no one seems to want to give him that chance.

Don't give up Sarah :flowers: Bob's not old and there has to be someone out there for this gorjuss boy :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Bob has started some obedience training at the kennels and is hopefully being whistle trained. The kennels have working Labs, who Bob is now going out with them every day to improve his recall.

He is also gaining confidence as he is being introduced to as many new people as possible at the kennels. :wub:

• 1 month later...
Any news on a new home for Bob-a-lob? :unsure: :wub:

:mecry: :mecry: No not one single enquiry. :mecry: :mecry:

He is such a lovely dog he doesn't deserve to be stuck in kennels, he needs to be in a home where he can be loved and walked. just without the stress of living in an urban environment. :mecry:

• 2 weeks later...

Bob is getting quite depressed in kennels and I'm appealing if anyone could offer him a foster home please let myself of Sally Ann know.

He really needs to be in a home environment and is finding kennel life really tough!

He just wants a warm sofa and a quiet life. :mecry: :mecry:

Bob is very cat friendly, he has spent 5 years living with cats of different shapes and sizes. As I run Bengal cat Rescue hes seen alot of foster cats come and go. Most can turf him out of his bed and make him lie on the floor next to it!

In his last home he also lived with Chinchillas without a problem as well as a cat.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob was expecting visitors today but they didn't show up! :mecry:

He had a bath to be especially smart, and the nice ladies at the kennels opened especially for his visitors. So we're all very upset that they didn't show up or even call to advice they weren't! :mecry:

So Bob is still looking for a forever home, he is now a little over excited in kennels as he is missing human company desperately. So if anyone could fit him in as afoster that would be wonderful

• 2 weeks later...