UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Why Do You Do What You Do When You Do What You Do?

Vashti

Have just read a pm through squinty half closed eyes as usual (in case it's bad news/ on the negative side) and realised that it has become one of those annoying little rituals... ie every time I get an online message I delay opening it and then read it with my eyes virtually shut. I am surprised as I thought I didn't have any. My son Mike has one too. He has to have someone say Goodnight to him before he closes the bedroom door. He can't be the last to say goodnight. This leads to him trying to elicit goodnight from someone even if he has just left family proceedings on the note of some horrendous teenage tantrum. My OH has millions of them... open windows, shut doors that have to click first, straightening pictures in other people's houses etc etc.

So are we the only barmy family? Please feel free to share your rituals/ quirky obsesions.

er... and if no one does I can always pm a mod to delete... can't I?

ummmmmmmmm I dont have any no, so maybe you are just a nutty family :laugh: Saying that you all seem fairly normal when ever i visit :laugh:

And no you cant pm a mod to delete your admissions of being strange - Im am positive you are not the only fugee to have quirks but if nothing else we can all have a giggle at yours :laugh: :laugh: :flowers:

Labels sticking out on clothes, like you Cher I have to restrain myself from tucking in strangers labels if I see them :rolleyes:

I will tell strangers that their label is hanging out - but struggle when it's the label on their pants - but does make me wonder why some girls knickers seem to have really long thin labels that hang out of their jeans!!! :laugh:

Will have a think on this one...rituals....strange ones....hmmmm...

I have to resist turning loo rolls round the "right way" - so the hanging sheet is away from and not next to the wall.

Stacking the dishwasher the right way (for me) so I''ll move stuff around that OH has put in. I have to have the cutlery handles down in the basket.

Then there's the ritual of the bedside table - glass of water, painkillers (just in case), throat sweets, 2 radios, in case one fails (I listen during periods of insomnia), small long-handled hairbrush for scratching inaccessible places on my back (I'm a very itchy person), photo of grandson so I can see him as soon as I wake up, mobile phone (dogs are on call to give blood in an emergency).

Before I get into bed I open the window and the curtains.

Other than that I'm perfectly normal :laughingsmiley: :wacko:

I have to check tings are switched off before I leave the house and even though I know I've checked I often find myself rechecking :rolleyes:

I also have to kiss the cats goodnight a certain number of times before I can go to bed.This I know is barmy so I think qualifies me in the same league as you Marie if that's any comfort :flowers: :laugh:

Oh no - I have loads :huh:

I like straight lines - I don't like things placed on surfaces in a hap hazard fashion.

I regularly move things round in the fridge or cupboards so that the items are lying correctly and facing the right way. I ca't bear it when OH unpacks after shopping and he sometimes...........shudders at the thought..........put the tins in the cupboard upside down...UPSIDE DOWN I TELL YOU, I KNOW !

I can't leave the house without the cushions being plumped.

I always buff my taps as OH leaves puddles of water behind after cleaning hands, teeth etc.

I have the TV/Radio etc on an even number - never an evil odd number.

I'll stop at that for now :blush02: