UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sat Navs

lil_angel

My Tomtom is waiting at the post office for me, picking it up this afternoon :)

Amazon are having a great deal at the moment, the VOne 3 (previoous version to the 4 that's out now) for £90. Don't know if you're after one just for the UK or Europe as well, for me just the UK is fine, as I don't intend to drive abroad.

I have a slightly elderly Tomtom - brilliant! Has led me to a dead end once but just asked it to avoid that bit and it rerouted. Be careful about shortest routes - can lead you along some VERY narrow roads. Have used it in USA, Europe and Oz - even needed it to find lat/long in Oz, which it did with no problem.

Edited by elainew

We have a Garmin one, we looked at various ones (though haven't tried any) and went for this particular one and it's been fab. Someone told Rob that Garmin was better for finding your way around cities, which was important at the time as he had lots of gigs in cities, but that might not be relevant to you and I don't honestly know how it compares to TomTom.

It's just so great to go somewhere and be able to press "home" :biggrin:

It's just so great to go somewhere and be able to press "home" :biggrin:

Take care not to actually put your precise address into the machine. People have had their homes burgled when their car or sat nav have been stolen, because the thief has worked out that they are obviously out and help to locate them.

We have one built in the car and a Tom Tom, not sure which I prefer, but remember when looking at the different makes, Tom Tom seemed to be the better bet.

I have a Tomtom One and it's great - I love him (Ken the Australian voice that is). The only drawback in some ways is that I don't look at maps anymore, so I sometimes I have no actual idea of where I am in relation to the rest of the UK. But that may just be me... :ph34r_anim:

I have a Tomtom One and it's great - I love him (Ken the Australian voice that is). The only drawback in some ways is that I don't look at maps anymore, so I sometimes I have no actual idea of where I am in relation to the rest of the UK. But that may just be me... :ph34r_anim:

We've just bought a new map book, because I find it confusing if I don't know where we are in relation to the general area.

Tom Tom here too. :biggrin: (and we've bought the Children in Need voices :laugh: )

Edited by kats n greys

I have a Tomtom One and it's great - I love him (Ken the Australian voice that is).

I have Sean ( the Irish bloke) telling me where to go on mine................for some reason there wasn't a Scottish voice option :angry: . I'd love one of the rude ones.