UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Sad Topic

fee4

as most of you know i have a 15 yr old grey-Moo.

whilst we were away-she had dreadful diarrhoea with Lots of blood-she spent 5 days in the emergency vet (fantastic vet-as was the kennels).

no cause was found (she had tummy investigations previously-nothing found)

she has lost shed loads of weight, is very frail-and frankly is really looking/feeling her age.

i have the feeling that That day is not far off......

can anyone recommend a pet cremation service which covers kent?

ideally i want to make all the arangements now....as i suspect i will be too involved with bawling my eyes out/drinking gin to be much help at the time...

cheers

Fee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: My vet took care of my dogs, all I had to say was that I wanted them to be cremated and returned, and they contacted me once the crematorium had returned the dogs. I'd give your vet a call and ask them, so you can put your mind at rest.

Jo

So sorry to read this Fee :( :GroupHug:

Do you particularly want to be able to take her yourself to be cremated when the time comes? I can't recommend someone in Kent but hopefully someone else will be able to.

When we lost Sweetie our vet arranged for her to be individually cremated for us.

Will keep you all in my thoughts :GroupHug:

Fee in our area, many vets use cremation services which can't guarantee that the ashes are *all* yours.

I use a personal friend, who doesn't do it for the public now, but who uses a cremation service who DO guarantee that all the ashes are yours.

I'm sure if you call him he'll let you have the details of who he uses - tell him Denise gave his number and explain your wishes - I doubt he'll come down to your area anyway but i'm sure he'll advise. He cremated Dougal for me last month :mecry:

Lost Friends

147, Watling St, Gillingham, Kent ME7 2YY

Tel: 01634 717636

Speak to Paul or Sharon.

Our vet sends ours off to the local pet crematorium who will do individual cremation. Unless you want to take yours yourself to a crematorium it might be worth you having a discussion with your vet now as to the services they can provide. It's always easier to discuss upfront but you do need to make sure they understand this when the awful happens as well. To ensure your wishes are granted. If your vets can't guarantee a single cremation or aren't sure then look elsewhere. Sorry I'm not in your area and the inlaws have not lived there too long so can't offer you advice for Kent.

I'm hoping this won't be needed by you for some time. :GroupHug: There are some nasty bugs going around. Many dogs have got over it.