UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Barney Is Leaving For The Bridge

chickentikka

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today has been one f*ck of an emotional day, I had to go into work for a morning meeting, which was awful. Then ex got in touch to say that the vets couldn't come out and he was adamant that he wanted Barney to go peacefully at home. which I totally understand, and was refusing to take him in. I went round to see them after work and it is clear that it is Barney's time, he tried so hard to get up to say hello to me :wub: :mecry: He'd rung the vets again and they can't come out tomorrow, they expect us to manhandle an old ill dog that can't walk in and out of the car and into the vets, which is absolutely inhuman in my eyes, so tomorrow we will be taking Barney to the vets. I do hope that it is not all too traumatic for him. Barney seems to be in no pain and not overly distressed.

I thought that vets were supposed to care, the receptionist suggested ex rang round to see if another vet could come out ffs. Barney deserves to go at home with people he knows and we can't even give him that.

Marian that's dreadful :(

Can you speak to the practice manager, though I appreciate you shouldn't have to.

Is Barney ok with vets in general or does he need to see a particular one?

When Sweetie's time came, I arranged for a vet from our surgery to come out. There are quite a few different vets there and I'm not sure I had met him before, Sweetie definitely hadn't, but it didn't cause any problems.

I know you shouldn't have to look at using a different vet practice but given what you've said I wonder if that would be preferable if yours is adamant they can't come out? :GroupHug:

As someone facing the same position in the near future I am horrified Marion and so distressed for you and Barney and his dad.

Although I have not discussed the home side of things with my vet yet I expect it to be an option I intend for Mason.

Its incredibly insensitive of them not to realise how important it is for you both to be at home with Barney when you say goodbye and I am devastated this has not happened for you.

My thoughts will be with you tomorrow when you say goodbye and I hope you make sure you give them hell for the way it is happening down the line.

:GroupHug:

Marie

Marian, we're so sorry to hear about Barney, especially that the vet has no interest in treating him with the respect such a grand old man deserves.

You, Chris and Barney played a key role in creating the Ruth and Noah we have today, everone who meets them comments on how well behaved and friendly they are. That's quite an achievement for two puppies who were dumped on a doorstep at 5 weeks old.

You and Barney were part of a circle of people who encouraged me to keep trying and not give up hope with Sooty with her liver tumour. I'm sure that the support I got from that circle helped to extend the time she managed to stay, something that was as precious to her as it was to us.

I wish I could do more than just wish Barney the most peaceful passing possible. I have a feeling Sooty will be there to welcome him to the Bridge.

Run free and healthy at the Bridge Barney boy, till you see your mum and Dad again.

:GroupHug: for you and Chris