UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Would Your Dog Give The Alarm

cycas

Mine bark at the door and must sound a bit off putting to people delivering stuff, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The dogs are always behind our internal front door when I answer the door. If someone was here uninvited, I'm sure the dogs would kick off.

If someone is invited in and meets the dogs, be it a friend they've met before, a new friend they haven't, someone coming to look at the boiler whatever, they immediately greet them nicely (enthusiastically!) without concern. One of our more recent friends actually managed to come downstairs and use the loo recently without the dogs noticing as they were all sat waiting for tuna cake :rolleyes: but I'm very sure if a person hadn't been invited in that they would behave differently.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taffy comes to bed with me every night on the basis he is my little guard dog :wub:

I think he would definitely growl/bark if anyone came to the house. Beau would follow his lead and the others would make one hell of a racket joining in the barking.

I wouldn't put it past Taffy and Beau to attack an intruder either.

Definitely - mine are Shepherds and feel the need to alert me if there is a fly in the garden! :rolleyes:

Like Jacqui's dogs though they will only bark if someone actually comes and knocks at the door or opens the back gate if I am in bed after a nightshift. But if I am up and about it is an etirely different matter!

Mine bark at the door and must sound a bit off putting to people delivering stuff, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The dogs are always behind our internal front door when I answer the door.

oooh, you are good. I must confess, Molls thinks that postal deliveries are always for her, and insists on greeting delivery people in person. I don't let her sign for parcels though. There Are Limits.

oooh, you are good. I must confess, Molls thinks that postal deliveries are always for her, and insists on greeting delivery people in person. I don't let her sign for parcels though. There Are Limits.

They think the deliveries are for them once I bring them inside :laugh: Because things for them have arrived in brown boxes or jiffy bags, anything in such bags/boxes must surely be for them :rolleyes:

I'm not sure everyone that delivered here would appreciate four (well at least three) enthusiastic dogs greeting them, plus our front garden is very small and the front door is right next to the front gate, which is usually open when people deliver, with a road at the end of our track - oh and I am a worrier :blush: :laugh:

Salada nearly had someone who tried to get over the fence she nearly took the fence down in her attempt to eat the would be intruder, hence the nickname tank girl. She was one scarey hound, very very watchful and protective

Believe it or not Vena is good at warning but runs back up to her bedroom if anyone gets in

Peggy Alfie and Riley believe the world has come to visit them to cuddle

Benj is a bit more reserved and I think would have a go, good watchdog

Josh would without a doubt attack an intruder, someone came through our back gate to drop something off and he bit her on the boob.

I remember years ago there was a house being built on the land behind ours and one day the builders noticed drainage problems. Rather than walking around to our front door, which would have inconvenienced them by at least a few minutes :rolleyes: one of the guys working on the house decided to climb over the wall from their property to ours to check our drain :ohmy: :angry:

I didn't realise they were there, but did go out to the garden (I think I must have heard something), "armed" with a Cassie and a Max. The dogs didn't do anything bad at all but he saw them and RAN to the wall and Cassie chased him. I've never seen a man move so fast :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: His mates on top of the wall p8ssed themselves, as did I, although I had a blimmin go at him for doing it too. Turned out it wasn't even our drain causing the problem :rolleyes:

Annoyingly I think they dropped a drain rod in the drain and left it there as a while later we had problems and had to pay someone about £150 to sort it out and he found the rod there and we're sure it was them but the **** wouldn't pay up.

So, Cass only had to run after him to scare the cr@p out of him :laugh: :laugh:

As far as Lucas is concerned my neighbours aren't allowed in their own gardens never mind mine and woe betide anyone who comes within 30ft of the house :rolleyes: I know something serious is going on if Harry joins in as well - he only barks when someone is close to the house and it's a full on continuous bark which you'd be an idiot to ignore.

Islay lets them get on with it but if anyone tried to enter the house without my permission they'd have all three to deal with.

Definately .... not! If by any chance they were awake when an intruder came in they might move their eyes, possibly lift their heads but they certainly wouldn't get out of bed :laughingsmiley: . Neither of mine bark or move when the doorbell goes either - they're always to busy chillin'. Pretty useless really, but we love them to bits