UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Yesterday Was The Day...............

Birdie

......when Alan got his freedom back :party:

According to Jodie at Castledon, Alan's previous family only let him off lead twice since they got him 8 years ago so yesterday we took him to a recreation area that i spied the other day driving past in the car and tried him off lead. It's only about 5 minutes away in the car and it is totally fenced in with 6ft high fencing.

At first he just stood there watching the girls go hell for leather and then....................he ran!! :biggrin: After a good stretch he stopped tho and started crying so we ran to him but he recovered after some sympathy and a good rub :GroupHug: . I suspect he either has an old injury although i could find no evidence of this or more than likely he is just so out of shape and was using muscles he hasn't done in ages. I suspect he hasn't actually been walked much as his muscles are quite wasted and flacid and he had to have his claws clipped under his GA as the quick had grown down too far and the lenght of his nails were probably making it painful for him to walk. We kept him off lead tho and he did some pottering then had another bash at running but clearly took things a little more steady.

He is so good and in between having a look around kept coming back to stand with us as if he didn't want us to go without him.

Ready steady......go!!!

DSCF4945.jpg

and again..............

DSCF4938.jpg

Just having a mooch

DSCF4939.jpg

Meg Grace and Holly have a race!

Thegirls.jpg

Time for a little rest

DSCF4947.jpg

Look no lead!!DSCF4957.jpg

What a handsome boy

DSCF4965.jpg

Can you tell meg has lost weight???

DSCF4968.jpg

Alan and the girls

DSCF4958.jpg

Time for a sweetie before home

DSCF4969.jpg

When we got back Andy and i nipped to the pub for a snack and of course a beer and left them for the first time without either of us in the house. They were as good as gold. :GroupHug:

:wavey: Hi, welcome to the OC part of the Refuge.

Alan is so lovely and I'm a teensy weensy bit envious - well mostly a lot :biggrin: Black greyhounds are beautiful dogs and Alan is the image of my old boy, Reggie. Reggie left us last year but then Ronnie turned up :rolleyes: I didn't name either of them :wacko:

It's wonderful to see Alan enjoying his life with you and finding his freedom again. We'll need to see many more photos as time goes on :flowers: